C h a p t e r 9

I wrote this chapter late night lol. Bear with me.
-

Is it wrong of me to desperately waiting for your attention?

I just want to see your eyes on me, is it too much to ask baby?

Not second after door opened and a 17 year old tan beautiful girl came. She smiled after she came and I smiled too. She had a happy and bubbly vibe around her.

She came and did her work. "Is this pain so much?"

But continued again. "Of course it is. I mean how are you Luna."

I smiled at her. "I am good Mary and how are you."

She was talkative. "I am great Luna besides my mom's barking and yelling all the time."

I furrowed my brows and asked. "Why? Is there any problem?"

"You do know that our pack is old fashioned and very traditional." I did know about that. "My mom wants me to do all kitchen work because according to her a woman must know how to cook, do all the house chores and make her mate happy. Then and only her mate will be pleased with her."

"That's not true. If your mate truly wants you he will accept you in any situation and make you happy." I said to her.

Her next sentence awestrucked me. "But Alpha doesn't make you happy Luna." And this sadden me. I knew that but it was hard to hear from someone.

"I am sorry Luna for making you upset." She was such nice girl. She only talked the truth.

I shook my head. "Don't be. You are just telling the truth darling. It is my fate that destined to your Alpha and I shall live through it. Mood goddess made us for each other."

She was silent for a while. "This pack doesn't look how it look. People here are dominant, specifically male. Females must submit to their male. That's how this works in this pack. Every female must submit and must live in the shadow of her male. Doing chores and such kitchen work. Male doesn't like it when female talk back to them. If female doesn't listen then she must take further punishments."

And that shocked me to my core. But she continued.

"That's why no one came to help you when you were taking punishment. They thought you must unhappy our Alpha so he was punishing you."

"But some were came after I woke up in the hospital to wish me speedy recovery." I tried to reason with her.

"They were just following formalities and wanted you to submit their Alpha. No female in here over power any male otherwise she will be punished in front of everyone."

"Is this all under your Alpha?" I further asked her because at that time she was the only source of my answers.

"Yes. Everything happen is followed by him. Not a thing leave in front of his eyes. Our Alpha gives very importance to this pack traditions."

"Is he treats you good?"

"Yeah but when we do something against the rule, he will punished us too."

"What type of punishments? Like whipping?"

"No. Whippings for the one who done big crimes. For us our male punishes us. Slapping, beating, no food such as. And you are the first woman to take 20 whippings besides criminals."

Nice record.

"Have you found your mate?"

"No. But I will in next few months. I can't wait to meet him Luna. I have been waited for him all my whole life." She said happily.

"Done Luna. Do you need anything else?"

I shook my head no. She bided me bye and left closing the door behind her.

I was still trying to process all the information she had said. It was a lot to take in. But this had to stop. Soon. No women should be treated like this. And I will bring justice if I have to take few scars.

The next few days passed quickly without Irvin because he left towards the east to done some unfinished business with his gamma, Theros. He left Sawyer here to protect his pack if something happened here while his was away. And he left without even saying anything to me nor see me. He hadn't come to see me since he was came to change my bandages. That was so kind of him.

How I know this because Sawyer can't keep his mouth shut.

I was slowly healing but my back still hurts. I didn't told anyone about it though because I didn't want anyone worry about me. My other injuries had healed but some left a scar like my head injuries but the scar was hiding in my hair and of course the whippings. Other than that I was fine to say at least.

The people here were kind and loving. They treated me with respect. Tonight their Alpha was coming here with victory because his unfinished business had finished. According to me it was more like a blood shed. But I kept my mouth shut.

People were making a big feast for him to show they were grateful to have him as their Alpha.

It was almost the time for him to come. I was wearing a red coloured gown because the women's here insisting to wear it. So for them I did it. They also done my hair into a beautiful braid and applied some makeup too.

"You look beautiful Luna." The old lady said when we gathered to wait for his arrival.

I blushed. "Thank you."

A car came to stop in front us. The door opened and he came looking dashing as always. Black shirt, black pants. Sleeves rolled. First two buttons opened showing his tattooed skin. I didn't know he has tattoos. Actually i didn't know much about him. His hair was dishevelled but looked good on him and his beautiful blue eyes cold as always.

Sawyer went and hugged him, congratulating his victory. The all people left to congratulate him leaving me alone. He didn't even see me. He was so busy with his pack members. Of course they were important to him more than me. This people were with him when he needed not me. But my heart wanted his attention, not so much but a bit. Despite his actions, I was craving for him. I knew it was all because of mate bond. My face fell and I backed away from them. I didn't want to upset him seeing me. Or rather anger him.

I walked where feast was. Might as well do some chores. There were few ladies doing some last work. And there was also a fire for celebration too. "Good evening Luna."

I nodded at them.