Chapter 4

*Wren's P.O.V*

A month had passed since I first met Cassiopeia. Draven had brought me blood bags every week, carrying them in a box. He dressed a delivery man to do it, trying not to arouse suspicion from the humans. He also wore a fake mustache to complete his outfit and I found that hilarious.

Cassiopeia visited me every week as well, usually just appearing in my room in the middle of the night. It was kind of creepy but I liked talking to her. She was so nice to me, explaining everything to me. She was also quite strict if I was being honest. I made the mistake of calling myself a monster for the bloodlust that I had and she had made me write an apology to myself. It was kind of nice that she cared for me so much but it was also kind of embarrassing.

She was gone for her meeting today so I was left to my own devices. I was currently curled up on the couch with a glass of blood cupped tightly in my hands. I was watching the Lady and the Tramp, it was one of the best movies in my opinion. I yelped when I felt a hand on my shoulder and I spun around to look at Cassiopeia. In my surprise I had tightened my grip on the glass and it shattered in my hands, blood falling on my shirt and lap.

"What are you doing here? You have a meeting today," I said as I looked at her with a pout. My senses weren't as good as I thought they were since she had managed to sneak up on me in my own house.

"I apologize little one, the rest of the Council was most adamant I speak with you," Cassiopeia said with a small frown on her lips. "They wish to speak with you... next week," she said. I shook my head, scrambling up off the couch when she tried to touch my shoulder.

"No, I don't want to," I said as I frowned. I probably looked like a mess, blood staining my shirt and pants but I didn't care about that right now. "You never mentioned I would have to meet anyone, you said you just had to tell them about me," I whined.

"I know but you're the youngest vampire we've had in over two thousand years, you can understand why they wish to meet you so much," Cassiopeia said as she looked at me. "Wren, you need to meet with them," she said softly.

"I don't need to do shit," I hissed as I rushed past her, running to my room and slamming the door with a resounding crack. The doorframe had splintered from the amount of force I used but I would worry about that later. I stripped out of my soaked clothes, changing into a pair of pajamas before throwing my dirty clothes in the hamper.

I focused on the sound of Cassiopeia's heart beat as I closed my eyes, relishing the sound of it. It was familiar, it was safe...it was getting closer. I whined when there was a soft knock on the door, my lower lip trembling.

"Come in," I whispered. The door opened to reveal Cassiopeia, a small frown on her lips. I threw myself at her and wrapped my arms around her neck, hugging her tightly as she wrapped her arms around me. "I'm sorry Cassie, I didn't mean to lose my temper with you. I'm just so scared," I whispered.

"What is so scary about meeting the people on the Council, you aren't scared of me," Cassiopeia said as one of her hands rested on my bottom, supporting me as I leaned back slightly to look at her.

"What if they try to take me away?" I whispered, my voice wavering.

"Oh my sweet girl, they can't do that. You hold more power than you know, they'll bend over backwards to appease you," Cassiopeia said. "So they will leave you if you request it but you might have some Coven members there that are considered family," she murmured.

"How?" I whispered as I nuzzled my face against her arm, the scent of lavender and cherries radiating from the woman. She smelt nice, she smelt like safety.

"Whoever turned you, they were most likely turned by a member of the Council. We have a vague idea of who turned you so if you can confirm it once you visit then whoever turned him could take responsibility that he should have. They would essentially become like your family, taking care of you as their own," she murmured.

"I'd like to have a family again but I really like you, I don't want to leave you and Draven," I murmured with a small pout on my lips.

"We wouldn't leave you, you would still remain here but they would take over your care such as delivering blood to you," she informed me. "Although their care might be a bit more.. well it would be different," she said.

"How so?" I questioned as I tilted my head.

"When someone is first turned, they usually feed from their Creator. Drinking from their neck, wrist or...breast, depending on the person and the closeness of their relationship," Cassiopeia said. If I could blush my cheeks would be burning red.

"I would have a choice though right?" I asked, a small frown on my lips.

"Of course darling, no one would dare force you. Such things are usually reserved for an extremely close relationship, they may just offer you cups of their own blood to make sure you get the correct nutrients," she said.

"Nutrients?" I questioned as I tilted my head with a confused look. She cooed softly at the expression on my face.

"As a vampire grows older they will consume more and more blood from different people. Their blood will slowly get more and more valuable nutrients in them which helps younger vampires flourish when they drink the older vampire's blood," she informed me.

"I'm not well behaved enough for a family," I stated with a huff.

"Trust me, the people I think you're related to will have no issue making you behave," Cassiopeia laughed as she kissed the top of my head. I wouldn't behave for anyone, she was wrong to think that they could make me behave.