Chapter 18

Wren's P.O.V*

Perhaps it was a bit ironic but I ended up making Meadow watch Alpha and Omega with me. It was a movie I had found myself liking when I had first seen it and since then I would occasionally watch it.

"Is it like that for werewolves? Do you have an alpha and omega?" I ask, making Meadow shrug her shoulders slightly.

"Kind of. I mean we all have roles. My Papa is a hunter, cause he's smart and logical and really good at being sneaky. My daddy is the alpha but that's just because his ancestors were and so far no one in his family has screwed up enough to lose their position as alpha. And an alpha is kind of the boss but also kind of like a parent, his job is to look after everyone," Meadow explains, making me nod as I sort of understand what she's saying.

"And my Dadda is a fighter, he fights for the pack when there's a battle. He also guards it so he's gone a lot on patrols but it's okay because it means he can stay with me when I am feeling not sleepy and stay up with me til I fall asleep. And that's a lot because I'm nocturnal," Meadow says, making me keep nodding. She talked fast and a lot, I didn't know how she even managed to breathe.

"How come you call them that?" I ask after a moment.

"Call them what?" Meadow asks, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"Papa and Daddy and Dadda. Are they your dads?" I ask in confusion, making her laugh and shake her head.

"No, they're my caregivers. They just take care of me," Meadow says, making me furrow my eyebrows as I look at her.

"Because I regress, so they take care of me so I don't nearly burn down the pack house again but it was only one time so really they're just being over dramatic," Meadow huffs, sighing sadly.

"What's regressing?" I ask, instead of asking how she nearly burnt down a house but I'm also really curious about that.

"It's what I do. It's what you do too. I can tell when I see another regressor. It's when you feel small, like a child and act like it too," Meadow says. My head jerks back in response, staring at her with eyes. How could she possibly know this! I had never even mentioned it to her.

"How..." I say with confusion, making Meadow shrug her shoulders.

"My daddy says I am intuitive about these sorts of things. It's like I'm a know it all without being told," Meadow states as her eyes go back to the tv. I furrow my brows, looking at her with confusion.

"Tell me more," I demand, drawing her attention back to me.

"About what?" Meadow asks, making me feel irritated that she didn't know what I meant.

"About regressing! And why I do it and why...why I like it," I say, moving to sit in front of Meadow so she can't ignore me and just watch the movie.

"Because it's fun. And it makes you happy. That's why you do it. It's just how you make yourself happy so you should keep doing it. My Papa says you should do whatever makes you happy. And regressing makes me happy, unless my caregivers think I am being a baby and treat me like one. It's not nice being a baby since I'm a big girl," Meadow explains, my head reeling from her words.

I look at Ife and Viola, confusion on my face. Meadow was completely oblivious to my mental gymnastics as I move off the couch and over to Viola and Ife.

"Meadow talks super fast and I don't understand most of what she's talking about," I whisper, climbing onto the couch next to Ife, letting her pull me into her lap with a small chuckle.

"I know baby, she's a little hyper for you huh?" Ife asks, making me nod my head.

"And I want to know more about regressing but I don't think she's good at explaining it very well," I murmur, not wanting her to hear since she may think that I'm being mean and I'm really trying not to be mean.

"She doesn't know how to explain it but that's because she's regressed right now, she's too little to give you the detailed explanation you need. That's why she's talking so much about her daddy and papa," Ife says.

"And her dadda! Don't forget him," I tell Ife quickly, making her chuckle.

"And her dadda," Ife agrees, rubbing my back slightly.

"Come here, do you want me to explain regressing to you in a way that makes you happy?" Viola asks, making me crawl out of Ife's lap and into Viola's. Ife huffs slightly as Viola's arms wrap around me. I nuzzle into Viola, looking up at her with curiosity. She smiles slightly as she leans back, letting me lay my head on her shoulder.

"Regressing is when your mind mentally goes back to a child, like what Meadow is currently doing. Meadow, how old are you, little one?" Viola asks.

"Fourrrrrr," Meadow drags out the word, keeping her eyes on Alpha and Omega. Ife moves to check on her leg, checking to make sure the salve she applied earlier was working I'm sure.

"Meadow currently is four mentally and so she will act like a four year old. It's something she does that makes her happy or helps her cope with her life. Just like you tend to do sometimes," Viola says, making me purse my lips.

"I don't ever do that," I tell her, making her raise an eyebrow.

"You most certainly do. You're currently on my lap cuddled up to me. You pout and want to be held often. I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that indicates something," Viola says, making me open my mouth to argue but there's a knock on the door.

Meadow freezes, looking towards the hallway. "Don't want my daddy and dadda here! They're gonna be mad," she whines to Ife who pats her head, making Meadow growl as she glares at the vampire. Meadow grabs a blanket off the couch and covers herself with it, trying to blend in as we hear the door open.