Chapter 12

*Wren's P.O.V*

I can't even complain about Viola's choice to pick me up. It was actually quite nice to be carried around so I wasn't going to risk asking why she had picked me up. I am sure she has a good reason for it so I was just going to enjoy it while it lasted.

"You know darling, just because you can not get a regular cat does not mean that you still can not get something similar," Viola informs me. I hum softly at that, tilting my head up to look at her. It was the first time my head had left it's spot against her chest and I can see that she is smiling slightly.

"Like what?" I ask as I turn my head slightly, my hand messing with the lace on her sleeves. Viola doesn't say anything about it so I assume that she's fine with it. She sits down on the couch, sitting me in her lap which I don't take much notice of.

"Like a splintercat!" Ife says as she sits down on the side of the couch that I'm facing. My eyebrows furrow when she says that and I tilt my head.

"What's a splintercat?" I ask softly.

"A type of cat that is a part of folklore for humans. They are very real, most humans just can't see them. They are a type of cat that flies and when it hits a tree, it basically kills the tree. It does this to find its prey, usually raccoons and bees," Ife informs me. My eyebrows furrow at that and I scoot towards her slightly, leaving Viola's lap as I scoot closer.

"That sounds kind of scary," I murmur and Ife chuckles softly.

"Yes, it might be a little scary for you little one," Ife agrees. I want to object to her calling me that but a larger part of my mind tells me to hush and to just accept the nickname so I do. It really didn't bother me that much.

"Have you ever seen one?" I ask quietly, practically whispering to Ife like it is some big secret. Ife nods her head and my eyes widen slightly.

"When I was younger," Ife informs me as she pats her lap. I take that to mean that I can sit on her lap but I still hesitate, not wanting to make a mistake. What if she laughed at me cause she didn't want me to do that and I was just being stupid for thinking so?

Thankfully Ife saves me from that embarrassment and that train of thought by reaching out, lifting me up and sitting me on her lap. This was the second time in ten minutes that I was getting to sit on someone's lap. I actually quite liked it. Was this going to be a common occurrence? I hoped so.

"It was a magnificent creature, strong and fierce. They can be quite mean because they have headaches all the time from headbutting trees," Ife informs me. I nod my head slightly. I could see why the cats would be mean if their heads hurt. I would probably be mean too if my head hurt from hitting a bunch of trees.

"Poor kitty," I murmur and Ife chuckles softly, nodding her head.

"Yes, poor kitty," she agrees as she rubs my back. I cuddle up to her, resting my head on her shoulder as I look up at her.

"Do you know any other kitty cats?" I question softly.

"There is one I know that is called a Cactus cat," Ife informs me.

"Is a kitty made from cactus?" I question as I tilt my head slightly. I liked cuddling with her, her perfume is sweet and it makes me feel strange. I feel kind of small but not the small that I feel when people are being mean to me. It's a different kind of small that actually feels nice.

"Yes. It's like a bobcat that is covered in thorns but has exceptionally spikey ones on its legs and tail, a tail that branches out like an actual cactus," Ife informs me. My eyes widen at that and I sit up, staring at her with wide eyes.

"I want it," I say simply, making her turn her head slightly towards Viola.

"I am not catching a Cactus cat," Viola says. "Besides you need cacti for it to drink from and you don't have any," she points out.

"I grow some," I assure her, very quickly might I add. I would show her that I could have a Cactus cat. She may say I don't need one but I definitely do it and I would take care of it.

"Do you truly think you could care for a Cactus cat?" Cassiopeia's voice startles me and I turn to look at her. I nod my head slowly, thinking that she would probably be mad at me for dating the son of a vampire hunter.

"Then I shall get it for you," Cassiopeia says, which makes me smile. I carefully scoot off Ife's lap before running to Cassiopeia, throwing my arms around her.

"Thank you Cassie," I beam up at her and she smiles softly, reaching her hand up to smooth my hair back.

"You are very welcome my dear," she murmurs.

"Do you even know how to catch a Cactus cat?" Citra's voice says from the kitchen. I've heard her moving around in there but I don't really know what she's doing. I should probably ask, I mean it is my kitchen after all.

"I can figure out how," Cassiopeia says and I hear Citra scoff before the blender starts. I furrow my eyebrows as I hear the blender start and I make my way back over to the kitchen. By the time the blender stops I can peek in and I see Citra pouring a red smoothie looking thing into a cup.

"Cassiopeia does not know how to catch a Cactus cat," Citra mutters. "Luckily I do," she says as she turns around. I realize that she knows that I'm spying on her as she walks over to me. She holds out the smoothie and I hesitantly take it.

I take a small sip of it, my eyes widening. I had never thought about blending blood and ice up but now I would be doing that for sure.

"Thank you," I say after a moment before going back to sit with Ife. I was getting a Cactus cat and I now had a blood icee type of thing that was delicious.