Chapter 17

*Wren's P.O.V*

I stare at Lark, who I am kind of using a pillow but she doesn't mind. I've made the couch recline as much as I can and put up the foot things. I don't know what they're called but that's the part I'm mainly laying on because Lark is a couch hog. I fall off the couch when there is a knock on the door, groaning as I lay there.

"My butt hurts," I inform Lark who snorts as I stand up and rub my butt while making my way to the door. I open the door, huffing when I see Draven.

"What's wrong little bird?" Draven asks, his nose wrinkling up slightly as he looks at me. I frown, looking down at myself as I don't think I smell bad.

"You made me fall off my couch," I sulk, making him frown.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea that me knocking on your door would make you fall off the couch," he says sarcastically, making me pout slightly. He was being a meanie! I would never be sarcastic with him.

"I don't like you, Lark doesn't either," I inform him as I try to shut the door in his face. He raises an eyebrow and uses his foot to block me from shutting the door.

"Who in the everloving hell is Lark?" he asks, making me smile slightly. I grab his hand, pulling him inside the house and into the living room where Lark was still laying on the couch. He raises an eyebrow, his jaw dropping as Lark raises her head.

"Drave, this is Lark. Lark, this is Draven," I introduce them, watch Lark raise her paw slightly. Draven reluctantly shakes it.

"She's such a smart doggy! I saved her from a trap and she ate almost a whole deer and now she's sleeping on my couch while her leg heels," I explain to Draven as I sit next to Lark, crossing my legs as I look at Lark who wags her tail when she sees me looking at her.

"Huh. She's a big doggy Wren," Draven says as he crouches down next to me.

"Yeah. It's probably because she's a husky and huskies are always big dogs," I inform him, making him raise an eyebrow.

"I don't think huskies are quite this big Wren," he starts to say, stopping when there's a knock on the door. He straightens up, going to answer it as I pet Lark who looks at my hand.

"Ahh Citra, come explain to Wren what kind of dog this is," I hear Draven say. I smile when Citra enters the room, clapping my hands as her eyes widen. Viola and Ife are right behind her.

"Nope," Viola says as she turns around and leaves, making me pout.

"She not like doggies?" I ask with a small frown on my lips, tilting my head.

"She isn't fond of those kind of doggies," Ife says, entering the living room. "Come here baby," she holds out her arms and I climb over Lark to get to Ife. I fall when trying to get into Ife's arms, Lark biting the back of my pants and pulling me back onto the couch when I nearly fall.

"See, she's a nice and smart doggy who loves me," I say as I hug Lark, making Citra sigh as she rubs the bridge of her nose.

"That's not a doggy Wren," Citra says.

"Yes it is! I know what doggies look like and this is a doggy! She's a husky," I say as I glare at Citra.

"Wren, that is a werewolf," Citra says dryly, making me frown.

"She not, she a doggy," I say, shaking my head as I look at Lark who whines and licks my cheek.

"She is a werewolf, an injured one at that. I don't know why she hasn't shifted back and is playing into the doggy role but I assure you that she is a werewolf," Citra says.

"No, you my doggy right Lark?" I say as Lark licks my cheek.

"You named her?!" Ife says incredulously, shaking her head. "Alright wolf, turn back," she says as she leans over the back of the couch and Lark huffs before I hear bones cracking. Before my eyes she turns in a woman. A very pretty woman who has dark hair and light brown eyes. Her skin is tanned and there are scars running down her face.

She's wearing a baggy grey t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. Her sweatpants are ripped where the trap had got her leg. I stare at her with my mouth agape, looking between her and Citra with confusion.

"Not a doggy?" I ask, earning a chuckle from Lark. Or whatever her name is since she's apparently not a doggy at all.

"No, not a doggy. I'm Meadow," the woman says as she smiles slightly.

"I wanted a doggy," I say softly, pouting as I climb over the couch and into Ife's arms.

"Well I am very sorry to disappoint you little vampire. I was surprised you didn't recognize that I was one when you found me. I mean I am a pretty big wolf," Meadow says.

"Husky," I say, making her smile.

"Similar colorings but I'm much too big to be a husky," she states.

"How you have clothes? You not have them when you were a not doggy wolf," I say, earning a small shush from Ife as she bounces me. I refuse to be silenced since that is a very valid question.

"It kind of shrinks and shrivels into a collar. You couldn't see it because of my fur but it was there, just wadded up and close to the skin," Meadow informs me.

"Thought werewolf and vampires didn't like each other? All stories say they not," I say, pouting in confusion.

"No, we just don't interact much. Although that may change considering that a pup is now in vampire territory and shouldn't be," Citra says as she leans over the back of the couch, making Meadow gulp.

"We don't have to tell my daddies," Meadow suggests, making Citra scoff.

"I most certainly do have to tell your daddies," Citra says. "Pack name? Now little wolf," she says, making Meadow pout.

"Nightshade pack. You tell my Papa and not my Daddy or Dadda," Meadow instructs.

"I will tell whichever one answers the phone and I'm sure that no matter who I tell they will all know. Now stay here, I have no problem chasing you down," Citra warns before she leaves. I wriggle to get out of Ife's arms and sit by Meadow.

"If you not doggy, we can watch movies then," I instruct, making her smile as I grab the remote to put on a movie.