Chapter 15

*Wren's P.O.V*

Citra is much faster than me. Maybe it's because she's older or more powerful or a combination of the two but she manages to catch me much quicker than I would've liked. I still don't make it easy on her to hold me though, squirming to try and escape her terribly mean hold.

"It's like you belong in my arms little one, you fit right into my hold," Citra says, making me glare up at her. She's resting one hand on my bottom as I rest on her hip, using her superior vampire strength to keep me in place even when I try to throw myself backwards out of her hold.

"I do not! Take back those mean words," I huff as I glare at her, feeling annoyed that she was right. I did fit perfectly into her hold but it's not like I wanted to or anything. I would much rather not fit into her arms, in fact I wanted nothing more than to not be in her hold anymore.

"They're not mean! They're just me stating a fact that you fit perfectly in my arms. I could hold you forever," Citra says as she kisses my cheek, chuckling when my face heats up and I hide my face against her shoulder.

"No kisses," I gripe quietly, not used to getting kisses like that. It was just a sign of motherly affection but I hadn't experienced that in ages so I much preferred hiding my face from it.

"Okay, if that's what you want," Citra agrees, making me feel slightly disappointed. I didn't want her to agree so quickly I realized, I liked the kiss on my cheek and wanted her to do it more. I liked all of what she was doing, even holding me. I wasn't going to tell her that part though.

"Nooooo," I say softly, dragging the word out for a moment. "You can do it sometimes," I say after a moment, giving her my best pleading look so that she'll do it again. She tilts her head as if considering it before pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"Oh you just want to act all tough," Citra says with a small smile on her lips, making me huff slightly at her words. "I understand," she says, making me smile internally. I wasn't going to let her know that her words pleased me but they most definitely did.

"I am tough Citra," I huff, earning a small chuckle from her.

"Yes, I'm quite sure that you are. However I much prefer having this cute little angel in my arms rather than a tough cute little angel," Citra chuckles as she adjusts her hold, using both hands to hold me.

"I not an angel," I retort, her words making me feel a little small and fuzzy headed. I whine as I try to get comfortable, refusing to look at her as I try to make the smallness go away.

"Oh but you are! You're such an adorable little angel who deserves to be coddled and held all day," Citra informs me, making me pout slightly. I was not going to be held all day. Thank you very much! That sounded so boring and not at all fun. I liked fun!

"No holding please," I request as I smile at her, showing my fangs off. I've caught glimpses of hers whenever she talks but I haven't seen just how long hers are.

"No holding? But why would I not hold you? You clearly need to be held," Citra says, making me shake my head with a fake frown. I really did want to be held but it was funner to pretend that I didn't want to be held. It was trickery and trickery was fun.

"Only can hold if I see your fangs," I try to say, earning a raised eyebrow from Citra. Even though no one else was in the room, mainly cause Citra had cornered me in my bedroom and shut the door so I couldn't escape, I imagined that they would probably laugh at my request.

"Are you trying to barter?" Citra asks as she looks at me with amusement, smiling slightly.

"'es," I agree, even though I'm not exactly sure what bartering is. I don't ask though in case I sound stupid for asking a question.

"Okay, if I can hold you....whenever I want, you can see my fangs," Citra offers and I hesitate before shaking my head. That didn't seem very fair, I mean seeing her fangs was a one time thing and holding me whenever she wanted was a long time thing.

"No? Okay....how about for the rest of the week I can hold you whenever I want and you can see my fangs?" Citra offers. I pause to think about it since that offer seems a lot more fair.

"Mmm...deal," I say after a moment, smiling at her. She chuckles as she sits down, letting me sit on her lap. I don't mind since her lap is comfortable plus she opens her mouth so that I can see her fangs. They're much longer than mine, sharper too. They're like razor sharp whereas mine are just kind of sharp.

"How do they not hurt the inside of your mouth?" I ask with a small frown, studying her fangs closely to try and figure out what magic trick she has to make her fangs not hurt her. Mine sometimes hurt me even when I wasn't doing anything.

"My fangs retract slightly so that I can still talk normally as well as not cut my mouth every time that I speak. Do yours not do that?" Citra asks curiously, making me shake my head.

"No...stupid fangs," I mutter as I look down at the floor with a pout, refusing to look at her.

"Hey....it just means you're still too young," Citra coos as she cups my face, lifting my head so that I have to look at her. "Lot of vampires can't do it until they're way older, you're fine," she says as I bury my face into her shoulder, appreciating her words but not knowing if saying thank you was the right thing to say. So instead I stay quiet and just let her hold me.