Chapter 10

*Wren's P.O.V*

"Can I have some time alone?" I request quietly. Cassiopeia's words have left me completely appalled and it feels almost unreal to hear her say that Zeke's dad was a vampire hunter. I couldn't believe it...it couldn't be true!

Yet I knew that Cassiopeia wasn't one to joke around like that. She wouldn't say something to hurt me so I knew her words were true. That didn't mean I had to like them, I most certainly did not like them at all. They were absolutely devastating to me.

"Of course dear," Citra says. She takes Cassiopeia's arm and Cassiopeia is giving me this look that I know means she is pitying me and I hate it. I don't need her pity, I need to be alone.

I feel something wet trickle down my cheek and I reach up to touch it as I hear the door click shut. I realize that it is a tear but it's not a normal one. It's made of blood and I stare at it as it trickles down my thumb, dripping into the palm of my hand and slowly sliding down my arm. It was a mesmerizing sight to watch and I stood up, going to look at myself in the mirror that was mounted on my wall.

It was a horrifying sight to see blood running down my face as I cried but I couldn't look away. It was the first time I had ever cried in a long time. The first time in any of my time as a vampire actually. And it was for a man that I could never be with because his father wanted to murder me.

I take a deep shuddering breath at that realization, the air filling my lungs until I can't inhale anymore. I let the breath out as I cover my mouth, smearing the blood across my face. I didn't know why this was so devastating, I should be used to this after all of my years of being a vampire but this was the first time I had actually fallen in love in a long time. I did love Zeke, more than any man I had ever been with.

I just sit there, letting my emotions fully consume me. There was so much violent fear that consumed me that it shocked me and I realize that I have been trying to block every emotion that wasn't pleasant. If it didn't make me feel good then I had blocked it from my mind and now that it was having a chance to come out, it was overwhelming.

I sit silently in my bed, my body shaking as I let the emotions consume me. I don't want to cry but on the other hand, I can't stop crying. I mean it was really upsetting to find out that my boyfriend's father was a vampire hunter. On top of that, I think I was just entirely overwhelmed from all the emotions hitting me.

I try to push them away and lock them up before an idea hits me. I know a way to never have to focus on my emotions again. I stand up, using my shirt to wipe off all of my tears. I'm going to do whatever everyone does to ignore their emotions.

I debate between taking a shower or just leaving but I decide to take a shower first. I cross the hall and step into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I strip down, my fingers grazing along a scar that runs down my stomach.

It was from my first encounter with a hunter. It was a painful reminder of the fact that I was nothing more than a monster and that was all people would think of me. The scar is raised against my skin and it's still dark after all these years of healing. Being staked in the stomach and then stabbed was not a fun experience.

I step into the shower, turning it on and stepping as far back as I can while it starts to heat up. My eyes wander over the stripes on the shower curtain and I admire the stripes that are running up and down it. Splitting the curtain into several shades of blue that I can't help but admire. It was just so pretty.

I slowly sit down, sitting under the water. It is steaming and hot, burning my skin in a delicious sensation that I love to feel. I lean my head forward slightly and watch as red goes down the train, the blood that was on my hands and what little remained on my face was quickly washed down the drain.

I startle when there is a knock on the door and I let out an irritated hiss as I bite my bottom lip. I can feel the blood welling up as the wound slowly closes up. I run my tongue over my lip, tasting my own blood. It was sweet and coppery at the same time, kind of like how a penny smells.

"What?" I ask finally when I realize that there is someone outside the door.

"Do you need clothes?" Viola asks and I realize that I do indeed need clothes.

"...yes please," I say after a moment as I grab a wash rag, putting some soap on it as I start to scrub myself down.

"Okay darling, I'll place them on the counter," Viola says and I hear the door open for a second. I can hear the soft sound of fabric hitting the counter before the door closes.

I continue to scrub at my skin until my arms are tired of the motion before I turn the water off. I don't really care about washing my hair, it's not something I like doing every day so I tried to avoid it. I step out of the shower, my skin tingling from the cold air that hits it.

I open a cabinet and grab a towel, carefully drying myself off before I look at the clothes that Viola had got me. I pick up the shirt and realize that it is not a shirt, it is a dress.  It is a dark blue color, similar to that of the ocean and I smile at that. It was one of my favorite colors, not that Viola would know that. It was nice of her to give me a dress since I had thought she would just give me some of the clothes from my room.

I slip on the underwear and bra, a pair that she had gotten out of my room, before putting on the dress. I still have my hair wrapped up in my towel as I got to the living room. Citra is standing by the kitchen, her eyes softening slightly when she looks at me.

"Are you feeling better dear?" she asks and I shake my head, which makes her frown.

"It's okay though, I'm going to do what all adults do when they are sad and don't want to deal with it," I inform her. She furrows her eyebrows as she looks at me.

"And what is that?" She questions.

"Get a cat," I say cheerfully as I enter the kitchen, ignoring the way her eyes widen when I say that. She must be impressed with my problem solving skills! I was so good at solving problems.