Chapter 2

So raise your glass if you are wrong
In all the right ways
All my underdogs
We will never be never be, anything but loud

Man, I love my school!

"Alright girls! Let's show the other cheer squad that we do this shit best!" Priscilla, our cheerleading captain yelled out.

It was time for the interstate. Our school's football team won the regional and now we were going against another school from L.A. While we were from Miami. The finals were being held in Houston, Texas.

It was half time and the opposing teams cheerleaders were currently doing a routine. But they simply did standard routines with flips. While in Miami we did things differently.

"One, Two, Three! Wolves!" Priscilla yelled out.

"Wolves!" The rest of us yelled back. We were so ready for this.

"North, can't wait to see you shake that butt!" Aubrey yelled in my ear.

"Can't wait for you to flip that ass, Riri!" I simply yelled back.

I had known Aubrey since the first day I got my apartment. Or should I say my 'mother Marigold' got it. We had been friends ever since.

Running onto the field in our outfits we waved at the crowd. More than half of the school was here with their families to support us. Our school wasn't a typical school with popular and unpopular kids. Everyone just clicked and talked with everyone. If there was a loner kid, they would be adopted by others. Just like I was.

Riri adopted me as the introverted smart ass I was and helped me come out of my shell. I can confidently say my group of friends are amazing and I don't know where I would have been without them.

Getting ready for the choreo, we had our dancers and our flippers as we called them. You know the girls and guys that flip into the air and do twists and stunts. I sometimes did a few during practice but never during an actual game. I liked the dance part better.

"Miami Wolves. Are. You. Ready?!!!!!!"

As soon as the music started, we started our routine. From flips to pyramids, to back flips.

Everyone was singing along to the songs we were dancing to. It was just so catchy.

We performed the original dance created for the music, so that everyone from the school that was there could participate. Even the jocks danced along.

The sets of people behind us did stunts as pyramids, you name it.

At the end of the song everyone was cheering along with us. That gave such a thrill.

"Okay, listen up. Half time is over and we all still remember the bet we did and lost, if I may add, with the chess club."

"How again, did we lose against the chess club?" I asked, laughing.

"Ugh, don't remind me. After this I want to pretend that never happened." replied Britney.

We had a bet to team up against each other for our science project. The one who finished first was allowed to command anything that the losing team had to do. Apparently setting half of the science lab on fire, because someone (Jenna) mixed up what we needed, was an automatic disqualification. Meaning we ended up losing and now that halftime is over we need to disturb the game with a different routine.

Welp. Go big or Go home, right?

Everyone got out of their cheerleading uniform and into very skimpy, not allowed by the school, outfits that were going to get us all reprimanded by the principal who was also at the game.

Basically everyone was going to get detention. On top of community service for almost burning down the school.

The skimpiest outfit we could think of were bikinis. Some of us that were not comfortable with that were allowed to wear a swimsuit or with boy shorts.

The referee was about to start the game when we made the music restart. Every player was already on the field and we started to run in between them.

Standing in front of the opposite team, we gave them our brightest smile and wink before starting our silly dance to get everyone off their feet.

"Damn, North. Love the finish of that tattoo, maybe you'll let me inspect it a little more after the game." Asher called out to me.

Not looking away from the opposite team player in front of me, I replied. "Oh, Asher. When you're gonna learn, bro. The letters U and I don't correspond with each other." Shaking my booty a little bit for the added effect.

We had seen a clip online that was posted with a very old song called handclap by Fitz and the Tantrums and did the routine that was done, making sure our entire school was engaged in our shenanigans. Everyone on our side of the stadium was laughing, while the other school just stood there looking annoyed. Maybe a few caught the vibe and vibed along with us.

Before we could celebrate our victory at the chess club, we heard a mega phone go off.

"AUBREY SINCLAIR! BRITNEY JAMES! PRISCILLA ADAMS! AURORA WILSON! AND ALL OTHER OF YOU THAT ARE IN INAPPROPRIATE CLOTHES! REPORT TO MY OFFICE FIRST THING MONDAY MORNING!!"

With that the whole team booked it, but not before giving a high five to our players running toward the tribune. From there we kept cheering for our team. Even if we did lose in the end, we had a lot of fun.

Did I already say it? Man, I love my school.

Today was a good day for me. Waking up in another city with my best friend getting ready to cheer and just the whole commeradarie from every student, just lifts up your spirit.

No one ever let's another student down. If someone is not him or herself, everyone tries to help out. For example Jennifer from the seniors class last year, struggled with money, because her parents were basic deadbeats and she had an younger brother to also take care of. The whole school came up with a fundraiser for her and her brother. Not only for that year but for her years at college and beyond.

I secretly donated a lot too, but she was a really nice person. Even if she looked like your basic blond Barbie. Her looks did nothing for her brain, which is the reason she became valedictorian.

Everyone went back to the hotel rooms they had booked for the game and got ready for a night on the town. Slipping a little bit of booze maybe. Riri and I offcourse shared a room together. Getting ready, I decided on a crop top with the back almost completely cut out so everyone could see my finished tattoo.

After thinking for a long time, I was able to convince Aubrey's mom, aunt Bec to help me get it. She had basically been my guardian for the last 3 years.

The tattoo hid the scars I had and it was spiritual for me. A Phoenix. It shall always resurrect from its ashes, more powerful than before.

I had been beat down, but in the end I was able to get back up. Every time.

After getting dressed, we went to the lobby and hitched a ride with one of the guys that drove here. Ready for a night of super fun!