Chapter 25

Don't let those demons in again
I fill the void up with polished doubt, fake sentiment
Surrender yourself
And I wonder why I tear myself down
To be built back up again

Staying at Nick's for the remainder of the weekend was the best idea Kiel ever got. The moment I got there, I was still holding onto Lee and refused to let go of him until I fell asleep.
When I woke up the next morning there was no energy left in me, but I had to somehow show my respect for letting me stay here, so I made breakfast.
Apparently Nick's favourite meal time of the day.

I had stayed in the same homewear that I came in with. luckily Nick didn't seem to mind. I even saw Emily again, who knew the best way to unwind your body with a standard girls night that Nick and Lee were forced to participate in. We watched some movies and played video games. A lot.
The happy and positive energy they constantly emitted, did do something for my psyche.
They made me feel a part of the group, I didn't feel like the odd one out.
It felt like they wanted me there. They wanted me to participate in the fun and games. It didn't feel like I was in the outhouse, Like I was on the outside looking in.
It warmed my heart and temporarily shoved the demons away. I didn't have the time for them to present themselves.
And for the first time in weeks, I fell asleep with a smile on my face.
Nick is a pretty good pillow.

But here we finally were. Miami. Home.
The plane had just landed and we were waiting to offload the plane.
Even though our father wasn't here, I still had Lee, Kiel and Uncle Beck with me. I had never been so happy to see this place as I am now.
I was so excited to be here that I literally drove the rest of the group insane with my pulling and pushing for them to hurry it up. But each of them was still sporting a big smile at seeing me this excited. I guess I had been a really awful Debbie downer.
We were walking towards the exit. "What car did you reserve for us to drive home in?" I asked Kiel.
"I didn't."
"Then how are we getting home? Are we taking a taxi? That would be hella expensive."

"No car service and no taxis." Kiel replied smiling. I looked at him confused. If we had no car and no taxi, then how would we get there? They weren't really public transport type people.

But before I could ask further, I heard a large bang. I flinched and jumped at the sound. We heard a few more before I looked towards the way the sound came from. Somebody popped confetti everywhere. Why are some people such dicks? I mean the cleaning crew has to clean that up. So mean.
And that's when I saw the metaphorical dicks and screamed...

I screamed and ran. Towards the dicks.

My friends were here, with a big welcome home sign.

I immediately hugged the life out of them and started crying when I saw maman standing next to Kiel, introducing herself to Lee and Uncle Beck.
"MAMA!!" I screamed as I ran into her. Holding on for dear life.
Her perfect hugs and perfect laugh made me tear up even more.
"Tu m'as manqué, chérie."

"You Bish! What about me? Or have you forgotten your actual twin?" I grinned at Aubrey, who simply commanded attention like the energizer bunny she is, jumping from one leg to the other.
I let go of maman and turned to fully face her. "C'mere." I grinned.
And for some reason she decided that was enough invitation to literally jump me. Of course that meant, knocking us to the ground. Her fall being cushioned by mine.

" Get off me you fatass!" Making Aubrey gasp and immediately turn into a sly grin.
"Mom! She called me a fatass, that's a No No word. She ain't allowed to say that!" This time it was my turn to gasp. She just snitched on me.
The fatass snitched!
"Merde! You two have not even been together for a solid five minutes and it's already starting. Both of you get up right now and get to the car. Now!"