chapter 11

I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back
They're gonna rip it off
Taking their time right behind my back

I was not looking forward to this. AT ALL. I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to leave Miami. My city of salvation. To go back to... I didn't even know what.
I went to school today, to see everyone once more and to say my bye's.
"We'll miss you Aurora. I hope you have as much of a learning environment and fun as you had here." Principal Hanniger told me.
"Nah. I doubt it. If it all works out, I'll be back here at the end of the summer. You won't get rid of me that fast." I said cackling evilly. He simply just laughed with me.
"If you do come back, I'll just have to make you valedictorian of your year, with your 4.0 GPA."
My eyes lit up at that. "Really?? I am so coming back now!"

Leaving his office, I hugged a lot of people. I couldn't believe that I was saying bye to them. I didn't want to.
Call me whatever you want, a whiner, a little pussy, I don't care.
I got in maman's car and drove back home with Aubrey.

"I am sooooo going to miss you Bish!"
"Me too. I'm going to miss myself too!"
We looked at each other and started laughing.
"I know one thing we can do that makes the gap a little easier to bear."
"I am all ears!"

"At least once a week we post a throwback picture on our social media. One side a picture from our first years together, next to a picture that we have made over the past few months."
Aubrey got all teary eyed. "I love that idea. At least we'll know the other is still alive and not killed by a psycho twin."
"Hahaha. Don't remind me!"
My apartment was fully packed. Maman would still take care of it whilst I was with my family.
Ugh, the word alone gave me shivers and inkling of bad memories.
I had about 5 suitcases that I was taking with me, most were clothes and valuables I couldn't live without. The rest would go in storage.

Maman and Aubrey drove us to the airport and stayed with us until it was time to board.
I hugged the life out of maman when we had to separate and I cried on her neck. Sniffing her scent over and over again to engrave it in my mind. I would miss them. The Sinclair's were my chosen family. The people that would do anything for me.
I waved at them teary eyed when Ezekiel led me to the plane. I sniffed some more when we were in our seats and waved again when the plane took off.

One thing I was glad about was the first class seats. The flight was about five and a half hours so comfortable seating was nice.
We watched movies together and during the lunch we got we talked a bit more about Theodore and Emily. Honestly I couldn't wait to meet both of them. I was really curious to what kind of girl Kiel would be dating. I hoped we could get along.
We touched down with the plane way too soon. I wasn't ready. Now that we were here, I felt the anxiety going up a few notches. My confident personality was currently in sleep mode. For a second I didn't know how to act anymore, until Kiel talked to me again.

"Remember, we are giving this a chance. That means that under no circumstance will you change anything about yourself, unless it's to better yourself. You are an amazing, loving person. I don't care what anyone in that house tells you. They say something you don't like, you tell them off. They have to earn your respect and trust back. don't give it to any of them blindly. Got it?"

"So, you should apparently also give it back then." I chuckled.
"Honey, I am exempt from that. We both know it." Kiel said with a smirk.
"Let's get in the car, get some food before we enter the next phase of your moving in."
"Let's do this, Brutis. Can I drive?" I looked at him with a cheeky smile.
He gave me the same cheeky smile back. "No. Nobody drives my baby."
"Oh come on!" I whined. I loved driving. It gave me an additional sense of freedom, like maman explained. "Fine. But make one mistake and I Don't care where we are driving. You're switching." Kiel said sternly.

I simply saluted him before getting into the driver's seat and driving away from lax towards le suburbia.
"So tell me more about your part time job for the world's mafias."
"What do you wanna know about it?"
"How did you come to be in your current position?"
I simply shrugged before replying. "I learned how to hack first. Hacking into the dmv and stuff. Making fake personas for myself. That's when I started to hack into fathers 'company'. From there I figured out that we were a mafia family. I thought that I could show him and Noah my worth by working in line with mafias. I started as a simple administrator and grew out to be the most wanted worker in the world."

Kiel looked confused by this. I sighed.

"What I am about to tell you is very confidential. No one knows this, not even maman or Riri. Got it." He simply nodded. Why am I going to tell him this... I am starting to question my sanity. Maybe it's this L.A. weather, it's not sunny enough... Yeah, let's keep it at that.

"Say you wanted to move some of your products from point a to point b but you have to go through other's turf. Who do you call? Me. I can get anyone anywhere without being seen or being detected. They would simply never have been there. Everything that in my eyes would be seen as okay, I'll help with, but I have a non disclosure agreement with my members. I have to know what you're moving. There are things that everyone knows I won't help with. Like smuggling humans is a big red no! It's unethical. And I also do not disclose information about other mafias. Ask me that and you're immediately blacklisted. You can never enjoy my 'services' again."

"Okay. What do you mean about members?"

"To make use of my services you have to be a member. Every mafia pays about 4000 dollars a month for the membership. Questions are a part of the membership you don't pay for. You want to make use of my services you pay per service, depending how large the request is. This way I am always on top knowing what every mafia is doing. Well, except a few."

"A few?"

"Yeah. For instance Noah never applied for membership so I don't exactly know what they're doing. Oh and the Mexican cartel is blacklisted for asking prohibited services and prohibited questions. But they're still in my loop because they are trying to track me down. They just aren't that good. Some of their members are currently on their way to the Philippines, idiots."

"Why are they tracking you?"

"They are mad that their membership got revoked. They wanted intel on the Brazilian empire. I immediately informed them that they asked a question against rules, and membership was revoked. They can never use my services again and now they're pissed. But they're not as smart as they think. There is only one hacker that has been able to hack through the program I created and actually came close. I immediately notified them that I was not pleased with their hacker and that that would be the only warning they would receive before blacklisting." I smirked, they actually found a back door in my program. It was hard to find.

"But how can they track you down through a program? And who came close?" Kiel apparently wasn't known with this decade's electronics.

"The american mafia, the King's, and you see this?" I showed him my necklace. He nodded. "It may be small but we pull off the top of the pendant and it's a micro port. The program is on here. With this I can help anyone at any time. The only thing I need is a device connected to some version of GPS or internet. So it doesn't matter if I'm at home or at school. And this little thing is always connected to a satellite, so it is trackable and can track anybody according to GPS locations."

"So hack through that program and they can always find you." I nodded.
Ezekiel was thinking. I could see the frown lines on his forehead.
We got to a McDonalds drive through, so I ordered some.
We were in line waiting when Ezekiel gasped, loudly.
"You're the 'conductor'."

I simply grinned like the Cheshire Cat before biting into my burger.

Okay, so our girl is not only just smart, she a GENIUS.
Who knew?
Please comment your thoughts and vote
Till next time,

Love Sarah