Chapter 40 - Epilogue

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burnin' through my darkest night
You're the only one that I want
Think I'm addicted to your light
I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like fallin'
Gravity can't begin
To pull me back to the ground again
Baby, I can feel your Halo
Pray it won't fade away

Looking at myself in the mirror, I look like a goddess, if I do say so myself.
The flowy dress was a shimmering white with a deep V neckline, tight bodice and free flowing to the ground. The bottom was a little bit sheer and had a small train and the arms were lacey bell type sleeves. The dress was just perfect.
The smile white gold chain necklace I had gotten from Julien fitted perfectly in the open V cut the dress had.

I looked stunning. I smirked, he wouldn't be able to take his eyes off of me.
"You are not wearing that dress! It's a wedding not a night out." Lee commented when he walked in.
"Do you have any idea how long I had to wait for this dress? And next to that I look gorgeous, you're just jealous."

"You are my little sister, I will always be protective of you, not jealous. You look phenomenal Dells. I can't believe today is actually happening. Never thought we would get to this point."
"You mean getting married?"
"Yeah. But enough about you, how do I look? Do I look okay?" He asked nervously.
He had on a white tux with navy blue trimmings. Exactly like the colour scheme of the wedding, which was white, blue and whitegold.

"You look incredibly dapper, handsome. If I was not your sister I would marry you today." I smiled at him before he took me in his arms.
"I got you a little something." A rectangular box was handed.
"You're something old, something new. Something borrowed and something blue."
It was a dainty vintage bracelet.
"I found it in a vintage shop, so it's very old but new to you. It has a sapphire which is your birthstone, and it is something borrowed, because after I want it back."
Clasping the bracelet on, we stood next to each other looking in the mirror. Both of us had huge smiles on our faces. And before we knew it, we started giggling like a bunch of teenagers.
Just how much can a person change in five years?

"How long are you two going to keep looking at eachother like idiots?" Teddy said, sassiness laying heavy in his voice.
Lee and I looked at Teddy over our shoulders with raised eyebrows, like a bunch of gangsters, the only thing missing were a pair of dark sunglasses.

"If you didn't know we have a wedding and it can't start without you two." He sighed heavily.
Teddy has grown into a remarkable, confident, sarcastic eleven year old with a big mouth.
"Okay, last chance to bolt. I have a car downstairs with the engine already running, your choice."
"Nah, let's just get me hitched."
"Finally!" Teddy exclaimed.

We started walking downstairs and waited for the music. When everyone stood at their places, It was Lee and my turn to walk together, arm in arm. We both still had mischievous smiles on our faces from before. Teddy was standing on the side at the end of the altar shaking his head. Probably wanting to hide the fact that his older brother and sister were acting like five year olds.

As we were walking towards him, I just couldn't believe my life. Aubrey had already finished college magna cum laude, while I was still working on my post graduate. I had already finished my masters in Law but decided to further my studies with LLM. Julien hated it that it would mean me living in Cambridge for longer but he did support me to the fullest. I love that man to bits.

I was currently working with the foster care system part time and with that did house calls to see how the foster kids were. Most were doing fine and loved their foster's home, but there were a few that I saw the signs of abuse and acted immediately. One of those foster kids was six year old Lila James, to which I immediately fell in love with two years ago. She is currently being fostered and underway to being adopted by Pierre and Genevieve. They got married three years ago and have been happy ever since.