Chapter 20.50

Aurora was finishing the last bit of homework when the program she made came across something peculiar. The program was made among other functions, to track and trace certain activities and it was currently tracking multiple phones that have been in contact with each other. It was going fast through the streets, going after a phone it had never come into contact with.
The program alerted its maker.
Aurora saw the alert and started clicking into the program to see what it found. Of Course even being so close to her sixteenth birthday, she wouldn't get time off work.

When she saw it, she immediately went to work.
Her fingers glided over the keyboard of her computer.
To monitors that show the camera footage of the building changed to different angles and views.
Streets, traffic lights and an electronic map of the city. She followed the first car, making sure its path was cleared of cars.
Side bridges went up, traffic lights turned colour abruptly, but the car was unable to shake it's followers.
Aurora's plan wasn't working and she had nobody in the region she could ping to help the car. So she took matters into her own hands.
She got her gaming headset and hacked into the navigation of the car. The car needed to get out of the city. She took a harsh breath in.

"Listen up! Take a right!" Adelaide said harshly through the microphone.
"Who the hell are you?" The man asked. Luckily he did as she told and took a right.
"Someone who's trying to help you get out of this sticky situation."
"No questions. Just listen! Take a quick left. Now!"

The car swerved through the streets, crossing from one side to the other at Aurora's command.

"Now listen up. This is going to sound crazy but trust me! In a little bit there will be a part of the road on your right side that will have no railing. You will go through that part, end up at a dirt road and park the car under the Aqueduct. Kill power and wait. Got it?!"

"You crazy woman?!" He yelled back.
"Yes! But I am here saving your life, so shut up!"
Adelaide followed the car on her screen. The program calculated the distance to the opening and how much speed the car should have. It was currently going too fast. It would crash into the sides.

"Slow down! You're going too fast!"
The car started to slow a little. Perfect speed.
"Just 1600 meters left"
"They're gaining on me!"
"Don't worry about them. Keep looking straight ahead. Let me worry about them."

She hacked into the computer of one of the cars. She did an override on the system, making the car brake suddenly. Two other cars collided into it. From the 7 cars, three were now incapable of the pursuit.

"Fuck! Did you do that? Holy shit!"
"Yes, I did. 500 meters! Get ready!"
"200 meters! Say a prayer!"

The other four cars started to gain a lot of ground, but because they were going too fast they would never make the turn safely. Aurora smirked at this.

"NOW!"

The car turned violently. Going precisely through the opening in the railings. The cars that were in pursuit did exactly as Aurora calculated. Three cars collided against the ramp railing and flew over. One was too late to see it and had to brake in the middle of the highway.
The car she helped out crept under the aqueduct and killed the motor.
"Thank you for saving my life. What is your name?"
"An eye for an eye. You wish to know my name, provide me with yours first." Aurora ordered.
The man in the car started laughing.

"Well you did save my life, so I guess I owe you a debt. My name is Adrian."
Aurora stilled. She had unknowingly saved one of her biggest patrons. The member that sought out her services the most. The man who had made her richer than rich.

"Should've known you would cause trouble for yourself, Mister King. But you do not wish to owe me a debt I can collect upon. It would be like signing your life away." She said with a sarcastic smirk.

Adrian stilled in the car.
"How do you know my last name?" Adrian started to get wary of his saviour.
"It is my job to know my members, mister King."
"Members...?" Adrian questioned. It couldn't be.
"Good night Adrian. Safe travels." She said softly.

"Goodnight, Conductor." Adrian smiled.