Chapter 15

From dust, Will come
When you'll have to rise
Above the best and prove yourself
Your spirit never dies!

I have officially been here for three days. I had spent a lot of time with Teddy, who just seemed to love the attention I gave him. In those few days, he really came out of his shell. He became super bubbly and talkative towards me.
Kiel had an extra bed snuggler now next to me. Oeps.

Adaline had not done anything to either me or Teddy. Maybe it was because of the evil glare I continuously gave that said 'Try! I dare you!' Or because of the fact that Teddy had barely been alone since my arrival.

Today was my last day of freedom as I had to go to school tomorrow. Not a school in Miami which I had a love/hate relationship with, but one here in L.A. A PREP school. Meaning a highschool filled with rich kids whose kindergarten fights were about whose parents made more money or got them the newest items. I didn't understand the hierarchy. Yes, I was also pretty 'comfortable', but I had never seen myself as better than someone else. Next to that I work for my money. I don't work hard, since it just comes to me easily, but still.
All in all, I was not looking forward to it.

I was currently bingeing Lupin again. I never made it to the end because of what happened.
Teddy was playing with his Lego's and Geomag on my carpet, building all sorts of intricate things. I think this kid is smarter than he's letting everyone know. His eye for building something and his way of troubleshooting is immaculate. I smiled at this.

This kid can go far with the right motivation.

"That's awesome buddy. Can you explain to me how you came up with this design?" I had no idea what I was looking at, but was not about to tell him that.
"It's a spaceship. The ones currently are not for long travel because of the shape of its engine's cryogenic state. They are built in standard shapes, which makes it hard for fuel to be preser.. preser...?"

"Preserved?"

"Yeah that! I already found a way to make it better. You see if you make the outside a square, but the inside hexagon shaped, the fuel would heat up but not be used yet, making it like an extra tank of fuel." I had no idea what he was talking about or if it was actually true, but he did sound positive.
"Buddy. You're going to make headlines in the future. Do you know what you want to be when you grow up?"

"Yep! A fire truck." He said with a toothy smile.

I laughed hard at this. "Teddy, do you mean a firefighter?" He simply nodded. Just wait till your older kid. Our amazing conversation got interrupted by Aquila.
"Hey guys, what are you doing?"
"Teddy was explaining to me how NASA should change the cryogenic state of their spaceship engines." I said smugly, still not completely knowing what it was about. Maybe I should get books about space engineering...
Aquila had no idea what we were talking about. "Rrrrrrigght... Anyways we're going to skatepark, you wanna come with?"
"You want to go to the park, Teddy?"
"Sure. Will you play with me there?" He asked with big puppy dog eyes. Not big, HUGE.
"Of course buddy. Go get your shoes and jacket, it's pretty cold outside." It was only February.

Getting downstairs, I saw Aquila, James and Ezra ready to leave. After putting on my own jacket I got Teddy his jacket and a scarf.
"Theo's going with us?" James asked me.
"Yes, I invited him. Do you have a problem with that, Jamie?"
"No, not at all. He just never goes out with us."
"Have you ever actually sincerely asked him to?" Jamie looked down, slightly ashamed.
"It's fine. Teddy is coming along now, so you can make a slight effort for your little brother, right?"
"Yeah." Jamie smiled at me and I felt proud of making Teddy one of the boys. Nothing is more nurturing than having a younger sibling have you as their Idol.