chapter 10

I wanna raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave

Ezekiel and I had not separated at all since staying in my home. We spent a lot of time together and talked a lot about what had happened in our past. I told him what transpired at our mothers home, to seeing our father and Aquila again and them not recognizing me. He was livid about it all.

He told me everything that happened with him. His college years and how he is now in his residency.

Apparently I had a stepmother who is supposedly nice and another brother. Theodore. He had just turned four.

He also talked animatedly about his girlfriend, Emily. Once he started talking about her, he wouldn't stop until he made sure I knew the ins and outs of her. She sounded like an amazing, loving person. But apparently she no longer came by the house anymore. I wondered why?! Feel the sarcasm.

"So how many tattoos do you have?" He asked and I grinned.

"Wanna see?" He nodded excitedly. I stood up to take off my big shirt so he could see the 'masterpieces' Anders had made.

"So this is my first tattoo." I said as I showed him my back. "Anders, my tattoo specialist came up with it when he saw the marks and brandings I had. He told me that like a Phoenix I would arise from the metaphorical ashes and soar through the skies. Then I got this one." I pointed at the left side of my hip. The tattoo went from my upper leg to just under my rib cage. "It's the tree of life. The phoenix feathers actually light up the tree at the top as if it's burning. Or the other way around as if the phoenix is flying off it. I have a small side finger tattoo, just because I thought it was cool. I had this done last." I showed him my quote tattoo on my right arm.

"I still want to get a tattoo over this scar." Showing him my right side that has the jagged line.

"But because someone wanted to test out their shooting skills, I have to wait longer." I ended with a sad pout.

"How are you so nonchalant about the whole shooting?"

"Kiel, I have lived with that woman for almost five years. Five years of continuous torture. If I let every bit of what that woman has done to me, get to me. I could just crawl under a rock and never come out. Life goes on. I can no longer hold anything that that woman has done to me, over living my life."

"Wow... That's deep." He chuckled. I laughed with him.

Right now we were just finishing up lunch with maman and Aubrey when we heard the buzzer go off.

"Just imagine bro." Aubrey exclaimed. She was telling a story about the perfect promposal for herself.

"Bro?" I questioned her.

"Yeah. Your my sis. He is your brother, so he automatically became my Bro. Duh."

"Right... I ain't sharing him. Bruh." I said with a grin on my face.

Aubrey immediately went off. We started arguing like two 5 year olds, while Kiel was simply sitting there amused.

"Cherie, there are some people here to see you."

Turning around in my chair, I was the detective and his partner again, together with someone I had never seen before. Putting a soft smile on my face I greeted them. "Porter, Jacks, welcome. Can I get you anything to drink?"

"No thank you honey. Can we sit down, there are some things we need to discuss."

"Of Course." Maman replied and let them into the living room.