Him again

Aurora

"How has your day been so far?"

Aurora took a sip of her frozen lemonade and began to think about her day. If she had to be completely honest with herself, it was nothing compared to any of the movies she had watched in the past. It was the total opposite of what had occurred today.

Besides talking to the person in front of her, which happened to be Chandler, nothing else exciting had happened. Either than the usual negative behavior of Lauren toward Aurora. Chandler offered to buy her lunch, which was at the exact coffee shop where they both worked at.

Chandler was two years younger than Aurora. It was a bit weird at first, having a boy younger than her as a friend but she became quickly accustomed to the age difference. Chandler acted mature for his age, which was eighteen and acted like he was the one who was older.

She learnt that Chandler was captain of the basketball team and he was also part of the school's track team. She had failed to notice that the jacket he was wore once was indeed a basketball jacket with his name on it, which she thought made her look stupid. She was embarrassed that she hadn't realized it.

Chandler fit the criteria of being your average high school "it boy" from his looks only. Knowing that he was very athletic too was a bonus for that. Unlike his features and different qualities which included his boyish charm, Chandler was a really nice guy.

He looked like those typical jocks in the old movies Aurora enjoys. Where the popular boy has blonde hair and pale blue eyes, the type of look all girls in the school would fawn over. Aurora has considered Chandler to be cute but it would be gross to think if Chandler in any type of way that isn't known to be friendly. Besides being two years younger than her, she just couldn't see him in that way.

She was surprised by how nice Chandler has been to her. Judging by how uncivil his friends were, one would think that he would be just like his friends. Aurora felt very out of place amongst his friends especially with one of the boy's named Sean. Sean wasn't exactly rude to her or anything but something about him was just very off putting.

They had visited the cafe once and the stares she had received from him made her shy away, and not in a good way.

Aurora did not feel comfortable around him even though he did nothing to bother her. There was something in his gaze as he stared at Aurora, something that did not scream anything positive. His lingering gazes on her exposed thighs as she sat down had her sick to her stomach, his eyes trained on her body was sickening.

Although she pretended not to notice, it was difficult to look past that.

Moving on from Sean, there were two other guys who were much more friendlier than him. The two twins whose names were Parker and Ashton, were the ones who were so fond of Aurora as much as she was of them. She felt a sort of connection with them, a bond which resembles one of a sibling and it was what warmed her heart.

"It was really good. I l-love this job!" she smiled widely at him.

Chandler smiled back at her. The effect she had on him and his friends were understandable since everything about her was so alluring. She captivated them without even knowing, and without even doing anything.

That's just who she was. A little bundle of joy just spreading the seeds of positivity, growing into an infamous amazement gathered by everyone she met. She was a girl who not many people associated themselves with, yet the people she did, was amazed by this girl.

During their time together at the cafe he realized that Aurora was extremely shy. He also picked up that she had a slight stuttering problem, which could be from the lack of contact she had with people. He understood that maybe she was like this because she does not speak that much at home, or people could just intimidate her.