Matteo's predicament

Matteo

Matteo groaned as he stared at the test results in his hand.

"Fuck." he cussed in irritation.

"Indeed." said Jamison with a sigh. "It seems that neither of the three of you are a match."

"What are the fucking odds." Reggie muttered.

"Well what do we do now?" asked Vincent.

Matteo's grip on the sheet of paper tightened as he felt like all hope had just been slipping through his fingers. There could have been a high chance that at least one of the three of them would be a perfect match, but the odds were against them.

It was a smart idea so to say but there was nothing more they could do since the entire plan had backfired on them. The hope that he had in his heart for this to be a good outcome simply diminished the second the results came.

What do they do now? It seemed that nothing else could be done but he was not about to let go of this. Matteo had a goal and he made a promise, a promise he would never break until the day it is fulfilled.

"I have no idea." he said softly.

"What about Cordelia?" Vincent mentioned.

"Out of the fucking question." Matteo said.

"Yeah Cordelia! I bet she wouldn't mind if we told-"

"No." Matteo shut them up. "She will not be involved in this." he shook his head.

"Boss, please consider the chances of finding another-"

"No, Reggie." he said.

At the back of his mind, what they had suggested sounded like it could work. The more people they seek out the more they could get their possible answer. However, this was his little sister and not just anyone. This would be a huge step and a hard decision concerning someone of her age.

Cordelia would without a doubt help him but there were far too many risks that he was not willing to place on her. He would have been entirely different but not someone as young and dear to him as her.

"Who is Cordelia?" Jamison asked.

"Matteo's sister." Reggie answered.

He hummed. "Does she know about the situation?"

Matteo shook his head. "No."

He doesn't think he would ever explain to his sister about what was going on.

"I have to side with Reggie on this one." said Jamison.

Reggie smiled and pounded his chest while Matteo gave Jamison a hard look. Jamison gulped the second he received Matteo's harsh look and began to explain the reason behind what he said.

"Given the circumstance that none of you are a match, I believe we have to do whatever means necessary. This is an opportunity to get a positive result and we should not ignored it."

"I am not risking my sister's life."

"But you would risk Aurora's?" Jamison fired back.

Matteo stilled as his words echoed in his head. He clenched his hand into a fist as he took a minute to realize that what he had said was indeed right. If he was selfish to ignore that they could test his sister and she would be a good match, they could help Aurora.

There was just an overprotective side of him for his little sister that made him selfish.

Matteo fell silent, his eyes not meeting the ones of Jamison's.

AuroraOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara