Where am I?

Aurora

It has been exactly one week since the last time Aurora had seen Matteo or his sister. She had to admit, she missed seeing Matteo even if he had a permanent scowl on his face. He was still one pretty man. It had also been a week since she has last eaten. There were just a few more days left before Aurora would receive her pay check and she would be able to buy her some groceries.

The only thing that was keeping her on her feet was the glasses of water she was able to drink. Even though she was starving, there was nothing a glass of water couldn't fix. It didn't make up for the immense hunger she felt but the water kept her refreshed and got her through the week.

It was late evening when Aurora had to lock up the cafe. This was her turn to work the late shift and had to stay longer than the others. She waited until the last customer walked out of the door and she made sure everything was in place before she left. She locked up the cafe and carefully made sure that she kept the keys safe in her bag.

It wouldn't be nice to lose it since she was held responsible.

She sighed as she looked at the road ahead of her. The way back to her apartment was still a long way and she couldn't afford to pay for the bus, so she decided on walking home. There was nothing she could do since she didn't own a car and there was no one around her that she knew to give her a lift.

Hardly anyone knew about her situation.

But it was okay. She couldn't burden anyone with her troubles since she didn't want to be a bother and cause unnecessary stress for others.

You told Matteo all your personal problems.

She giggled at her thoughts as she had to agree with it.

Aurora began to hum a tune that was stuck in her head ever since the day she had watched this movie. It was the tune that Coraline's other mother always hummed in the movie, a melody that Aurora became addicted to. She could understand that others would think she was weird humming this tune, since it was a scary children's movie and the song was creepy.

For her, it was beautiful piece. It brought her comfort whenever she would hum the song.

As the song progressed further, her steps slowed down as her head swung a bit to the left and then to the right. Her movements were a bit wobbly and unstable, her vision suddenly clouded by a blob of blur. She could hear her faint breathing starting to become irregular as she stopped and stood still.

She was starting to feel a bit lightheaded. The aftermath of not eating now took a toll on her body as the aching in her stomach had started to become worse. It growled at her as if demanding for just one bite of anything, and her head starting to feel heavy as if she could fall over at any moment in time.

Her body swayed to the front and Aurora let out a quiet whimper. She tried to gain all the strength she could to fight the drowsiness that began to take over her body. The tiredness and hunger became overbearing but she had to move. It was dangerous for her be alone in the middle of the night. So she forced her body to move and she began taking slow steps in the direction of her home.

All she could hear was the thumping of her heart beat booming in her eyes. Her eyes started losing focus as she empty pit in her stomach grew. Her body swayed even more to the left and then to the right as if wanting to fall over.

She felt herself give in. Dark spots began to cloud her vision as she felt her body slowly fall to the ground.

The distant sound of someone yelling her name was drowned out, as if she was underwater. Before she passed out, she saw the outline of a figure approaching her and when her eyes closed, she allowed the darkness to consume her.