Birthday boy surprise

Matteo

It was morning.

Nine in the morning.

It was nine in the morning and this dumb fucker was standing next to his bed.

What was even worse was the fact that he had a sombrero on his head, his fingers constantly pulling at the strings of the guitar causing Matteo's ears to bleed. He sang happy birthday to him in their first language, his voice way too loud and energetic in the morning that Matteo let out a loud groan and hid his face in the pillow.

He envisioned that he awoke to the view of a beautiful woman lying in his bed. She would be curled up in his arms with her head placed on his chest, the tips of her fingers tracing along the patterns of the ink on his skin. He realized that it was one of her favorite things to always peak at his tattoos and whenever she could gain the opportunity to touch them, he would give it to her.

He wanted his fingers to be lost in the soft and luscious locks of her beautiful strawberry blonde hair. Her hair was thick with just enough volume to frame her face and he loved how good it made her look.

He was unfortunately snapped out of his own dream world when the sound of his friend's loud screech that shocked him.

"Esci da casa mia prima che ti rompa il collo!" Matteo snapped in frustration, throwing one of his pillows against Reggie.
(Get the fuck out of my house before I fucking break your neck.)

"Oye, mi amigo. No need to be so aggressive on your birthday, capo. Relax and celebrate-" he strum the strings of his guitar vigorously, "and have a fiesta!"

Matteo groaned. "You're hurting my ears."

Reggie laughed. "You need to wake up now, birthday boy."

"Fuck off."

Reggie forced him out of his bed, saying that there was a surprise for him downstairs. He was reluctant to do so but instead he decided to listen to his friend and hopped into the shower. When he was done and fully dressed, he got downstairs only to see his men along with Vincent and Reggie.

They wished their boss a happy birthday which followed with respectful bows before him. This was something new from the parties that they threw him, and now they showed up at his house which surprised him most certainly.

Reggie was still wearing that ridiculous hat and declared that he was about to sing a song for his boss, the birthday boy. Matteo sighed as he rubbed his temple with his two fingers, as Reggie strummed the strings of the guitar with a lot of aggression.

Before he could even let out a word, Vincent had approached him from behind and yanked off the hat. He scolded Reggie saying that no one was keen on hearing his terrible singing, and dragged him to his seat at the table.

"If Aurora was here, I'm sure she would have enjoyed my song." he grumbled. "Where is she by the way?"

"She's having a sleepover with Cordelia." he replied as he stabbed the fork into the scrambled eggs.

"That's shit timing. Why would she go there when it's your birthday?" Reggie asked in disbelief.

Matteo, being the observant man he was, noticed a faint smile on Vincent's face at Reggie's outburst.

Matteo shrugged. "She's a big girl, she can do whatever she wants."

She can do whatever she wants but fuck couldn't it have at least been with him?

"The way you just said that makes me believe that you are lying." Reggie said.

Matteo said nothing but sipped on his coffee and sent a glare at Reggie.