Cold

Aurora

Aurora couldn't sleep properly that night. She tossed and turned in the new bed, not too familiar with lying down on a comfortable bed that was not her fractured mattress. She was also disturbed by how distant Matteo was and how he gave her the cold shoulder.

She couldn't stop thinking about how mean he was since he was the one who offered her a place to stay. She thought that maybe this was the time where they could somehow become a bit more closer than they were, but that was not going to happen. He didn't even bother to communicate with her and always seemed to give her mixed signals that confused her.

There were times where he would talk to her and engage in conversation but there were countless times where he was just silent. He acted like someone with split personalities that would one moment be all jolly and talkative and then the next, he would ghost her.

She knew that her attraction towards him might set her off as too clingy and wanting too much of his attention but she couldn't help it. Matteo was a man graveling in darkness and it was a strong pull for her, a pull so strong that she couldn't move. There was a connection and she knew it but there was a possibility he doesn't at all think the same way.

He must have been doing this out of a pity and just saw her as nothing but a child. It was clear as day that everyone treated her like a little girl and he was very vogue about it on the night they met. She was being silly to even think that he would spare a glance in her direction and feel some sort of attraction like she does.

As always she might be thinking too much about this.

Before she knew it morning had arrived. She thought about showing a token of gratitude for having him bring her into his home and decided to prepare breakfast for him. It was around seven in the morning and it gave her enough time to first freshen up before she made him his meal.

She would never get over the euphoric feeling of the warm water on her body. The jet streams of hot water slapped against her skin and it calmed her body, freeing her from the cold feeling of her skin. She basked in the warmth it provided her, not only for her body but in her heart too.

Her mouth hung open when she the strawberry scented body wash and shampoo that was on the metallic shelf against the tiles. The two things Aurora loved most in this world was Kitty and strawberries, both being so dear to her heart.

Malinda told her that Matteo had already stocked up on some clothes before she had arrived. He had already done enough for her and now he had to waste money on clothes for her. She shouldn't be a brat and not accept what he had bought for her so she sucked it up and took out an outfit for her to wear.

Her cheeks reddened when she saw the many dresses and skirts in front of her. Matteo must have noticed that she had a thing for summer dresses and tennis skirts, probably from seeing her wear them all the time at work. What could she possible do to show this man how thankful she is?

When Aurora finally arrived in the kitchen, almost distracted with the other vacant rooms in the house, she spotted Malinda cleaning the kitchen counter. She didn't expect her to be up this early and wondered why she was cleaning this early in the morning when she should be sleeping.

"Good m-morning." she greeted.

Malinda's face lighted up when she saw Aurora. She gave her a small bow in acknowledgment. "Good morning, young madam. What would you like for breakfast?"

Aurora cringed at the name, not liking how formal it sounded. "Please c-call me Aurora."

Malinda smiled nodding her head. "Of course."