Chapter 5: The New Members

The next day I woke up early to head to the training center were Damiano is with the new members that are preparing to be our new addition to our security, I need to evaluate them to check if they are qualified to be added as our bodyguards.

I put on a sport short, a workout crop top with long sleeves and my favorite Balenciaga sneakers. Before heading out of my room I grab my Louis Vuitton Palm Springs Mini Backpack and make sure that I have everything I need inside.

I made my way downstairs were my dad is having breakfast, "Good morning, dad." I greet him as I take a seat beside him.

"Morning, baby, heading to the training center?" he asks while he takes a sip of his juice.

"Yes, and after that I will meet with Max for lunch at Francesco's restaurant to see how are the preparations for the gala going." I inform him.

"That's perfect, make sure to be done by 4PM, I called your favorite fashion designer and he wants to showcase his gala gowns to you, I believe that he wants you to wear one of the collection that is set to be released next month." he explains and my eyes sparkle at the news.

"Zuhair Murad wants me to wear one of his designs?!" I ask his excitedly.

"Yes, Lea, so make sure you choose one for Saturday night." he chuckles. I know why he made that comment, sometimes it takes hours or days for me to decide what to wear for an event, but since it is Zuhair Murad that is showcasing his designs to me, I know that whatever he shows me I will love to wear.

Once I am done with breakfast, I kiss my dad goodbye and head out to the entrance were my car is waiting for me. Another car is following behind us full of bodyguards.

Some minutes later we arrive at the training center, my driver parks at the main entrance and one of my bodyguards opens my car door. As I walk up the stairs of the entrance I am met with Damiano waiting for me at the main door and I greet him with a smile on my face, "You arrived just in time the trainees are waiting for you, follow me." he says smiling at me. I can tell that he is excited to show me the skills of our soon to be new members.

Together we walk to the Boxing Room were we will start the first training for today and as soon as I enter the room all of the trainees start to whisper among themselves. My bodyguards notice this and they stay close behind me as we walk with Damiano at the center of the room.

"Wow, who is that goddess?" "If she is the one we are protecting, I won't mind taking bullets for her" "Do you think she is single?" "Shut up guys, that is Lea Cattani, do you want to get us killed on the first day?" I hear some of them whisper to each other and I smirk at the last comment, I might be intimidating when I have my poker face but I won't kill them or have them killed just by some comment on my beauty, I am not that ruthless.

"Everyone in formation!" Damiano commands and soon the whispers disappear and only silence remains as they follow his order.

Once everyone is settled Damiano starts by saying, "Today we have our boss here with us, meet Lea Cattani." he pointing his hand beside him towards were I am standing and all of them start clapping as a welcome for me, however my face remains emotionless but I made sure to give a little bow to show them my appreciation of their warm welcome.

As I scan the room to take a better look at the faces of our soon to be new members, my eyes meet some beautiful brown ones that were already staring at me, his gaze is cold, and the way he is staring straight into my eyes sends shivers through my spine, it's like he is trying to figure me out, but then again so am I. For some milliseconds I let a small smile split on my face and I see his eyes soften when he catches it, the eye contact didn't last more than 8 seconds before I break it and turn my head to look at Damiano beside me as he continues to speak.

"Lea is here to evaluate each one of you, she is going to be supervising today's training so make sure you give it your all since she has the last word whether you become part of her security or not." Damiano advices them and then adds "Start warming up, we will begin in 10 minutes." Damiano instructs them and they follow his order.

Damiano and I walk away from the trainees to have a little chat before we start the training. This room is were the hand to hand combat training takes place, there are several boxing rings and boxing equipment for them to train.

"This is the list of their names, we will be training all of the fields today. I made this schedule for you so you can evaluate them based on each skill that we train along the way." Damiano hands me an iPad with an Apple Pencil so I can take notes on the schedule he made for me.

"This is perfect, it will be much easier for me to evaluate them." I say and then I took off my LV mini backpack since the training was about to start, one of my bodyguards notice this and takes my bag carrying it for me, I thank him for the gesture.

"Oh, before we start," Damiano whispers to me "The one that I recommended to be your personal bodyguard is the guy wearing a green shirt, the one in the punching bag," he says and I scan the room looking for the guy in the green shirt, "Do you see him?" Damiano asks still whispering, "Yeah, the one that has a tattoo sleeve?" I whisper back, "Yes, that is the one, his name is Enzo Guiluliani, he is the best of them all, I want you to pay close attention to his training and at the end of it let me know if I should put him as your personal bodyguard." Damiano whispers and I nod my head at him letting him know that I understood.

So, the guy with the beautiful brown eyes is named Enzo Guiluliani, interesting...