Chapter 21: The Time is Ticking

I cannot help but put my hands up in the air.

"Now hand me the backpack!" she says sternly.

I take it off my back, "Slowly." she commands. I do as she says and hand her the bag.

With her weapon still aimed at me she approaches me with cautious steps.

Due to the mask she is wearing I am not able to see her face, but as she approaches me slowly I am able to see her features up close.

No way, that is-

"Well done." she whispers and winks at me.

She subtlety weighs the backpack, she turns around and gestures for the man beside her to come and get me.

LEA'S POV

(A few seconds ago)

I was in the bathroom when I heard a second alarm going off. I immediately communicated with Enzo through the intercom, "Enzo, what is going on?"

"Alonzo must have triggered an alarm." He responded right away.

"Damn!" I exclaimed to myself.

"We need back up, someone is stealing something from one of the Doge's Apartments." I hear on the radio from the security of the museum. One that we may have, may have not stolen from them.

To explain a little bit better the situation that we are in right now. We created several escape plans for this mission, so of course we have a plan to get Alonzo out of the mess that he just created with the alarm he triggered. So, now we have to go with plan B.

"Roger that, we are on our way." I say through the radio intercom. Posing as if I am one of the guards from the museum.

"Alonzo, the security guards are coming your way!" I warn him through our intercom. But I don't wait for his response and I change my clothes as quickly as possible.

The outfit that I am wearing now is a security guard uniform.

I put my normal clothes inside the duffle bag along with the intercom device from my team, and head out of the bathroom. Enzo is already outside waiting for me.

"Let's go. We are proceeding with Plan B," I whisper to him.

Enzo walks beside me and he takes my duffle bag, carrying it for me.

As we walk, more of my bodyguards join us.

Enzo gives my duffle bag to one of them, "Get the cars ready," he orders them. Some of my bodyguards head towards one of the exits.

The rest of us head to the hallway where the Doge's Apartments are located.

"Put on your masks, plan B is starting," I instruct my bodyguards as I put on a black mask.

We approach the real security guards of the museum, which aren't many compared to us. I count at least 4 of them.

"Finally! What took you guys so long?! And why are all of you wearing masks?!" One of them exclaimed irritated.

"Move aside." I instruct them coldly. They all cannot help but follow my command.

I turn to my bodyguards and gesture for them to open the steel door. They take a walk up to the door and they open a duffle bag one of them was carrying. One of them took a drill tool, it made a lot of noise but that is okay since they think that we are the 'back up'.

"We don't know how many robbers are there, so stay in the middle of us." I order the real security guards.

"Why should we do that? Who do you think you are to give us orders?" the one that has been bothering me since I got here asks.

"What is your name?" I ask him in a cold tone. "Ruben, what is yours?" the nerve he has talking to me like that, Enzo, whom has been standing beside me this whole time makes an attempt to move, but I held him back putting my hand on his wrist.

Instead, I walk up to the guard with a hard gaze and he takes a step back when I get close to him. "How long have you been working for the museum, Ruben?" I ask in a stern tone. "2 years." he gulps, "Have you ever encountered a robbery before?" I stare him down, he avoids my gaze, "No..."

"Then, why are you questioning my experience?" I ask seriously. He just stares at the floor, and a little smirk makes it's way to my face, but I recover soon.

"It's ready, boss." One of my bodyguard says when the steel door is finally ready to be opened.

"Get in position!" I exclaim while looking at the front. I turn around and say to the real security guards, "Don't let your guard down."

I grabbed my gun and with a nod of my head I gesture to them to open the door. I raise my gun and lead the group inside the room.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" I yell at Alonzo, whom was holding a three section staff in one of his hands with a fighting stance.

"PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON!" I yell with authority, I observe the glass behind him and I notice La Splendida Dea del Secolo. Taking a look at the room, everything seems like it is in order, so that means that Alonzo was able to do the swap. Because if not, I would have caught him red handed.

I ask Alonzo to hand me the backpack, he takes it off immediately. "Slowly." I order him, he slowly raises the backpack for me to be able to take it. I cautiously walk to where he is and once I am near him I whisper, "Well done." followed with a wink.

I take the backpack from his hands and subtlety weight it. After confirming that we indeed have the necklace I turn around and gesture to Enzo to take Alonzo so we can get out of here.

Enzo walks up to him, grabs his hands and puts them behind his back.

I turn around and subtlety nodded my head at my bodyguards.

They turn around immediately and point their guns at the real security guards of the museum.

I turn to Alonzo, "How many seconds do we have left?"

"48 seconds."

"That is enough time to get out of here." I say to no one in particular.

"Let's go." I order.

As I walk past Ruben I smirk, although the mask that I am wearing prevents him from seeing it. I halt my movements to whisper to him "I told you to not let your guard down."

He makes a move to hit me, but one of my bodyguards hit him with the back of his gun before he could get close enough.

"You know what to do with them." I say to my bodyguards.

And with that the rest of us walked out of the building.

Everything is going according to the plan, now is time to prepare for the real mission.

-

-

-

Note: Thank you so much for patiently waiting for this new chapter guys! I truly appreciate all the support you have shown to this book. In this upcoming weeks I will be updating new chapters so stay tuned!

I wish every single one of you a lovely day/night!