Chapter 12: The Investigation

"Do you know where the Morozov's are?" I ask my dad.

"We do, but as soon as they realize the necklace is fake and that there is a GPS on it, they will move their location. So, first thing in the morning we are planning to go to said location and have a word with them. Only Damiano and I know about this." he says.

It's funny how he says that they will have a word with them when we both know that the Morozov's are not the type that like talking when there is an issue but rather get into action, with guns.

"Do you trust the team that is working with you on this mission?" I ask him, since I am still skeptical of everyone that is associated with us and specially those who work on matters that involve the Morozov family.

"They are the best in what they do." he answers, that means that he doesn't fully trust them and is being cautious with them.

"Be careful with them and specially with the information they give you." I warn him, not that he needs it since he knows what he is doing and is already being cautious, and also he has been in this business way longer than I have. But I still need to put my consciousness at ease. My dad only nods his head at my comment giving me a small smile in reassurance.

"I will find out what happened with the earpiece and with the cameras." I change the topic.

"Keep me updated with that matter," I nod my head at his comment, "I'll get going now. Call me if you need anything." he hugs me before we both head out of the room.

My dad says goodbye to Enzo, whom is waiting for me by the door. Enzo bows at him in response.

"Let's go to the Communication Room." I say to Enzo once I reach him and both of us move towards the lobby.

I spot the Surveillance Team seating at the lounge area surrounded by my bodyguards so they don't try anything funny. Max and Isabella are talking with each other a little further from them.

I walk up to the elevator with Enzo without acknowledging any of them, once inside, I press the number of the floor that the Communication Room is located at. As soon as the elevator starts to move, I put my head on the wall and a sigh escapes my mouth.

The gesture doesn't go unnoticed by Enzo, whom stares at me in concern, he hesitates to speak, but decides to do so anyway. "Ms. Cattani, are you feeling okay?" he asks in a soft voice, "Just a little bit exhausted." I respond to him with the same tone of voice that he used on me.

The ding of the elevator alerted us that we reached the floor, cutting off our conversation. Enzo stretches his arm so that way the elevator doors don't close as I pass through, I thank him as I pass by and we both head towards the Communication Room. Enzo opens the door of the room for me, Damiano heads my way as soon as he spots me, "We reviewed Enzo's earpiece and found out through the system that there was a glitch on it." he explains to me as we both walk to the team working on the device.

"What do you mean a glitch?" I ask him, "When Enzo tried to communicate through the intercom, there was an interference with the frequency, so that is why no one heard him." the one in charge of the Communication Team explains to me.

"Do you know the cause of that interference?" I ask, staring at him coldly. "Not yet, Ms. Cattani, but my team and I are looking into it." he says with an apologetic look on his face. "Keep working on it." I respond to him and he nods his head politely at me.

"Damiano, stay here with them and keep me updated on the progress." I tell him, "Yes, ma'am." he nods his head in agreement. "I'll get going now." I say to him, "Be careful and let me know when you get home." he says caringly "I will." I say putting my hand on his arm and squeezing it lightly as I pass him by.