Chapter 6: The Training

"Everyone gather up!" Damiano commands. "We will start with hand to hand combat training. Enzo and Alonzo get in the ring." he orders them, although Damiano is not shouting his voice is still very loud and intimidating.

As soon as he says those names I look for them on the iPad, ready to take note of my observations of the fight. Now it is time to see what is the hype of Enzo Guiluliani.

Once Enzo and Alonzo get in the ring, they bow their head to each other as if it was a karate match, but don't get confuse it is not karate, the reason why we make them bow to each other before each fight whenever they are training is as a reminder to themselves that they are not fighting against their enemy.

Both of them get in position to fight. Alonzo strikes first, he throws a jab aimed to Enzo's face but he blocks it with ease, Enzo takes that opportunity to strike a jab with his right arm to Alonzo's rib cage, the contact makes Alonzo groan in pain, but he doesn't back down and strikes again. They go around two minutes or less throwing punches at each other, Enzo dodging all of them.

The other trainees are cheering for both of them and I take notice that Alonzo was getting tired judging by how his punches were lacking and by how his defense was falling apart as the seconds tick by. Since Enzo is fast, he was using that to his advantage. But Enzo himself was not looking tired at all, he looked as if he could fight for hours to no end. Not to mention, Enzo's reflexes are impressive, which is why Alonzo hasn't strike one punch to him at all.

"Alonzo is a good fighter. He is in the top ranking, but as you can see he is no match to Enzo." Damiano whispers beside me, none of us taking our eyes from the fight as we talk.

"I can see that, he hasn't punched him at all. Not even by accident." I replied, "I told you he was really good." he says smugly.

At that moment I see Enzo's right arm wrap around Alonzo's chest pushing him down with his strength and at the same time he puts his right leg behind Alonzo's left one making a slide motion, this makes Alonzo lose his balance and fall on the mat with a thud causing him to groan from the impact. Enzo takes that opportunity to put Alonzo on a chokehold, not too tight to cut off his oxygen, but strong enough to not let him slip from his grip, although Alonzo tried to get out of Enzo's strong grip, he didn't have any other alternative than to tap Enzo's arm in surrender.

"That was a great fight! Very impressive!" Damiano praises both of them, Enzo helped Alonzo stand up and both walked out of the ring.

When Enzo passed in front of me, we make eye contact for a second time, I bow my head a little at him to show him that I was impressed with his fighting skills, he did the same to me and I notice a soft smile on his face, we break eye contact once Damiano starts speaking again.

"Next is Dante and Fabrizio." he calls them to enter the ring and fight.

I watched as every single trainee fought against each other and all I can say is that each one of them are outstanding fighters, exactly what we need. Meanwhile the fights were taking place I was taking notes of each trainee on the iPad, aware of the beautiful brown eyes that kept staring at me from time to time.

"Tell them to take a 15 minute break, I will be waiting for all of you at the Target Room for the next training." I whisper to Damiano once the hand to hand combat training was completed. Once Damiano gives them my order, each of them scatter around the room to have water and chat among themselves.

I walk out of the room along with my bodyguards to head in the direction of the Target Room.

Once we reach the room, I put my fingerprint on the scanner and the door slides open, as I enter the lonely room the lights turn on by themselves, my bodyguards stand by the door as I make my way to the stand were the knives are placed.