Chapter 25: The Weapons

Lea's POV

The next morning I woke up feeling rested. I took a shower and did my morning routine to start with my day.

I went downstairs once I was all cleaned up, and when I was at the bottom of the stairs, I heard laughter coming from the kitchen, so I went to see who was there. And I found my bodyguards having breakfast together. As soon as I entered the room, all of them stopped eating, the laughter died down, and they made an attempt to stand up, but I stopped them before any of them could get up. "It's okay; finish your breakfast. We leave in 10 minutes." I said the last part while making eye contact with Enzo.

With that, they continued with their chatter once again, and I left the room to head upstairs to my office.

Today is an important day, and I need all of them to be well rested and well fed.

I seem to be saying that quite a lot: 'Today is an important day'. But I have realized that, as long as I am in a war with the Morozov's every single day is crucial for my organization.

When I was entering my office, I got a call from Max. "Yeah?" I answered.

"Good morning to you, too." He uses sarcasm, and I can't help but roll my eyes. "In response to your text last night, I have sent the contract to Matteo. Niccolo had it reviewed before I sent it to him."

"Perfect; let me know when he signs it. And remember to send me a copy." I answered him.

"Got it," he acknowledges.

"How are you feeling, Lea?" Max was the one who gave me solace when things became too much because he knew firsthand how difficult Matteo and I's breakup was for me.

"I am fine." I say nonchalantly.

"Lea..." Max whispers.

I sigh and I took a seat turning on the chair to look out the window.

"He said everything I wanted to hear, Max... I was glad to hear those words coming from him... It made me happy to know that he regretted the way he treated me and that he finally understood where I was coming from with my behavior all those times we had those fights. But he said those things too late... It is too late now..." I say a few seconds later.

There was a knock on the door, pulling me out of my thoughts. Enzo hesitated before entering the room, but with a nod of my head, he entered freely.

Max was giving me words of encouragement, I waited for him to finish up before saying, "I appreciate your words. I'll see you at the meeting."

"The car is ready for you." Enzo says once I finished the call with Max.

"Let's go." I got up from my chair, and with that, we both walked out of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Once I arrived at our headquarters, I went to the Meeting Room. My bodyguards, as always, were following behind me.

I enter the room with the most important people in my organization: Damiano, Max, Niccolo, Luca, and Francesco. They were chatting among themselves, and they quieted down when I entered the room. That seems to be everyone's reaction whenever I walk into a room.

All of them stood up to greet me. I returned the greeting, and then I made my way to the head chair. I take a seat, and everyone follows my actions after.

We are having the weekly meeting we always have.

"Damiano, we have to strengthen the security at the Cattani Residence. The same incident as yesterday cannot happen again under any circumstances. I will be talking to you in detail about the changes in private." I start the meeting straight to the point.