Chapter 17: The Runway

A MONTH LATER

"Ms. Cattani, the car is ready." Enzo says as he entered the room.

"I am done getting ready," I say to him as I put on my high heels, I stand up and walked up to him, "Let's go to the garage before we leave, I have something for you." I say to him as I reach were he is standing.

"Lead the way." he gestures with his hand for me to walk out first, I take the lead with Enzo following behind me.

Once we reach the garage door, I open it and I turned on the lights. I walk up to a car that was covered, I take out the keys of said car from my LV Indigo Twist MM and hand them to Enzo, but he doesn't take them, instead he stares at me confused, not knowing what is going on.

"My dad wanted to give you this car as a thank you for saving me that night at the gala." I say as I uncovered the Ferrari LaFerrari "I hope it is to your liking." I comment.

Enzo on the other hand is just staring at the car as if it is going to disappear if he takes his eyes off it, a few seconds later he whispers "This car is mine?".

"It's all yours." I give him a small smile, "It came this morning. The same night of the gala my dad promised you that you will be rewarded for saving me, so that same night he contacted Piero Ferrari and arranged for this car to be yours." I add a little background story on my dad's gift to him.

"This is such an expensive gift, Ms. Cattani. It doesn't feel right for me to accept it." he tells me, never taking his eyes off the sport car.

"It's already under your name, Enzo. My dad wanted to gift this car to you as a thank you." I say in a soft tone of voice, I was trying to convince him to take the car; not like I will accept 'no' as an answer, though.

"Thank you so much, Ms. Cattani. Your dad was truly an amazing man." he says sincerely, I handed him the car keys for a second time and this time he accepted it with a kind smile.

"He was..." I whisper as I remember all the happy memories my dad and I shared together, tears forming in my eyes.

"Shall we head out? We are going to be late for Zuhair Murad's Fashion Show and I know for a fact that you wouldn't like to miss his show." Enzo says in a playful tone trying to lighten up the mood.

"Why are you dressed like that?" I ask Enzo as I notice that he is wearing a suit, a plain one, one that screams 'Bodyguard' and not 'I'm a Runway Model'.

He looks down at his outfit, "What's wrong with my suit?" he asked confused.

The reason as to why I am judging Enzo's outfit is because Max was suppose to be my plus one to the Fashion Show, but due to a business trip that came up, he is unable to accompany me. And since Enzo is my personal bodyguard and he was going to the Fashion Show with me anyway, I told him that he will be going as my plus one.

"Nothing is particularly wrong, but we are going to a Fashion Show." I say to him as if that is self-explanatory, "Follow me." I order him.

Both of us head out of the garage and we walk back in the direction of my room.

"Max was suppose to wear this to the Fashion Show," I say to Enzo once we were in my walk-in closet, "But since he is on a business trip, you can wear it." I hand him the outfit for him to wear and he just stares at it without saying a word.

"Do you not like it?" I ask him concerned, "It's not that... Isn't this a little bit expensive?" he asks hesitating, "What if I ruin it?" he adds worriedly.

"Don't worry about that, it belongs to you now." I offer him a small smile.

"Now, go get change or we will be really late." I add with a serious face, although I don't mind being late, but Enzo doesn't need to know that.