Chapter 11: The Code BION

"Lea, you have to be sure in order to call that type of meeting. That will rise panic in our people." Damiano tries to reason with me, but I just stare at him with the same stern gaze.

"I want everyone there in an hour. Wrap up the gala." I command Damiano, giving him no room for discussion.

Once I said those words I step back from him. I have so much rage inside me that if I stay here with Max and Damiano I will snap at them without hesitation if they say the wrong thing.

I look back at Enzo who is standing by the sink looking intimidated by the way I spoke to Damiano, we make eye contact and my eyes unconsciously grow softer at the sight of him, "Let's go" I say to him.

He follows my lead and both of us get out of the bathroom, leaving Max and Damiano behind.

There is an exit through the kitchen of the ballroom and I am planning on using it, that way I don't make an scene with the guest of the gala and ruin their night, but most importantly I don't want the media to grow suspicious of my attitude and create false rumors.

We pass through the kitchen, the head chef bows his head at me politely when he sees me, but I just nod my head at him in acknowledgement. Enzo opens the back door of the kitchen for me and a gust of wind slaps my face as soon as the door opens, the chilly air calms me a little bit from the rage that I am feeling inside me.

The exit of the kitchen is located at the back of the hotel, that means Enzo and I have to walk for a bit to reach the parking lot.

I get goosebumps on my skin due to the wind, it doesn't seem like it is going to rain, but it is quite cold and the dress I am wearing it is not exactly warm for this weather. Suddenly, I feel something warm being placed on my shoulders, I look to my side and see that Enzo took his suit blazer and put it on me, his cologne fills my nostrils, bringing some kind of comfort to me.

My frown disappears and instead a small smile takes place on my face, "Thank you" I say to him with a soft voice.

I should be wary of him, considering that he just became my personal bodyguard and I know absolutely nothing about him other than he has amazing skills in the field. And considering the fact that there is definitely a mole in our organization, he should be the first one I should suspect, but surprisingly, my instinct is telling me that he means no harm. Plus, he took a beating for me and now his handsome face has a bruise forming on his cheek and a cut on his eyebrow, so unless he is a good actor, I doubt that he is the mole.

I notice that Enzo kept looking over at me, so I look back at him and we make eye contact for a second until he looks away and says, "Ms. Cattani, we will find your necklace, I promise".

"I am not that mad that they stole my necklace," I say frowning once more, "I am furious at the fact that I have a freaking army to protect me, but as soon as I need protection they don't do the one thing that we paid them for." I sigh, Enzo seems to be in deep thought at my words and part of me wants to know what he is thinking about, but I refrain myself from asking him.

We make a turn were there are several people hanging around, Enzo grabs my waist and passes me to his left side so the people are close to him and not me, making my heart warm at his thoughtfulness.

Once we finally reach the car, Enzo opens the backseat door for me and I get inside. I take off my high heels and I take Enzo's blazer from my shoulders putting it beside me, I close my eyes and massage my temples with my hands since a headache is starting to form from the anger I feel. Enzo is already in the driver seat and for some reason he hasn't started the car, he is staring at me instead.

"I can feel your gaze on me, is there something you want to tell me?" I ask him without opening my eyes.

"Do you really think that there is a mole in the organization?" Enzo asks me, as if he is afraid that I will snap at him from the question.