8

Audrey's POV

I MISS Gemma. It's been a few days since she's been gone. And twenty years before that. But I've always cherished our friendship.

Between having the kids and being Brian's wife, I've lost who I am along the way. I'm either Claire's mom, Daphne's mom, or Brian's wife.

I'm not me anymore.

"Honey, do you know where my blue shirt is?" I sigh and walk up the stairs.

"Which one?" I ask, as I lean against the doorframe of our bedroom, "there's the blue striped, plain blue, dark blue, baby blue—"

"The short sleeved blue," as though he senses my next question, "the Old Navy one."

He can never find anything. I guess it's a character flaw.

I walk into the closet, and grab it, "what would I do without you?" He kisses my lips, and takes it from me.

"You'd be living with your mom."

"Oh, dear. She'd have me married off to the next widow just to get me out of her house," he laughs as he puts it on, "I do appreciate everything you do. Please don't send me there."

"I won't," I grab a tie for him, "I was thinking of taking a short trip—"

"Where, honey?"

"To Vegas."

He sighs, "to see Gemma?" I nod, "you know I don't like her very much."

"I know. But I don't know why."

"How can you be friends with someone who doesn't believe in God?"

He takes the tie from me, and wraps it around his neck, "she never said that she doesn't."

"Right. All she said is that God can be anyone," I could strangle him with that tie right now, "Gemma isn't a good influence. Especially on the kids. She was around for a few days, and Claire wants to be a makeup artist, and Daphne wants to chop off her hair."

"You're blaming Gemma because our daughters care about how they look?" He places his hands on my shoulders and rubs.

"We're good Christians. I mean that she's not the type of person that respects our—"

"Her family has helped mine time and time again over the years. They're good people," I sigh, "they used to be. She's the only one left. I'm not going to turn my back on her."

"You're not going to Vegas, and that's final."

I'm infuriated with him. I know that it's because she's gay. Why else would he make such a big deal about it?

"Fine." I work everyday and also care for this family, yet I never seem to have a say.

I'm voiceless. But I don't have the courage to go against him.

Sabrina's POV

EVER SINCE I handed the business' responsibilities fully over to Jack, everyday has been filled with endless hours of nothing.

I'm not used to having nothing to do. There's always paperwork, and more paperwork. And taking care of my husband. And my kid. And the house.

Now, I have a damn housekeeper. It's not that I'm not really happy that I do. But I literally have nothing to do. Other than wash dishes everyday and spot clean.

I've also been feeling guilty for the past few days. The things that Gemma said to me... they hit a nerve. Or more so, a soft spot. I made her feel all those things. And it's almost like I betrayed her.