14

Veronica's POV

I'VE NOTICED that Gemma's been happier lately. She's been dating Zoey, and it seems to be a good relationship. They sometimes hang out in the living room together, and I'll watch them laugh and talk to each other from my bedroom door.

Okay, I know that sounds creepy. But it's nice to see Gemma happy.

I walk into the kitchen to make myself some coffee. I've been cleaning all day, and I still have to make dinner for everyone tonight. It's my weekly Wednesday dinner, and I've got a lot of people to feed.

The place is booked right now. I've got a total of seven rooms, and fifteen guests. Three of the rooms are for one family. I think that they're from Alabama.

"Hey, can I have a cup?" Zoey walks into the kitchen. I notice Gemma walking up the stairs with her cellphone against her ear.

"Sure," I grab a mug and pour her some, "you two staying in today?"

She nods, "yeah, it's pretty cold out today. But we're going snowboarding this weekend."

"Sounds fun. I'll be here, as usual," I say.

"Yeah, thanks by the way, Veronica," she places her cup onto the counter, "for not telling Gemma."

"It's not my place to tell," I cross my ankles, and lean against the counter, "but you should if you want a serious relationship with her."

Zoey shakes her head and says, "I don't know how. She talks about you a lot. You're like her best friend," Gemma talks about me? That makes me flattered. I wonder what she says about me, "how do I tell her that I slept with you?"

Is she really asking me for advice about that? "I don't know. But you'll have to figure it out."

"You think she'll be upset?"

I don't know what Gemma's reaction will be. She can't be mad at us. It was around the time that she was gone for months. And it's not like what Zoey and I had was anything more than sex.

"If she is, she'll get over it. I've got stuff to do, you're coming tonight, right?"

"Yeah. Gemma's invited me. Got a babysitter and everything," Zoey mumbles.

"Good. I'll see you tonight, Zoey."

I grab my purse from my room, and head to the grocery store. I'm thinking of making something a bit fancy tonight.

Sabrina's POV

I NOTICE Gemma walking down an aisle, and walk over, "looking at coolers?" I ask.

She turns to me and smiles, "hey, yeah. I'm having a hard time deciding on one."

"Babe, what about this one?" A woman walks down the aisle and towards us.

Gemma says, "yeah, sure. I trust your judgement," the woman notices me, "this is Sabrina, an, uh, old friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you, Sabrina. I'm Zoey," Zoey stretches out her hand for me to shake.

"We're going on a little trip this weekend. And need something to keep stuff warm," Gemma says.

"Do you want to have coffee with us, Sabrina?" Zoey asks, "we're heading right across the street after we go to checkout."

"Yeah, sure," I respond, even though I don't have anything I came here for. The only thing in my basket is a roll of scotch tape. But I'll come back later.

Gemma doesn't seem bothered that her friend invited me to join them. I'm certainly sure that they're dating.

We check out and Gemma heads to the car to drop off the cooler, while Zoey and I go into the coffee shop.