18

Gemma's POV

SITTING ACROSS from Veronica, taking sneak peeks at her, while she drinks her wine, is the perfect way to spend an evening.

"You're staring again," Veronica mentions, as she continues to look at the menu. I press my lips together, and lower my gaze, a bit embarrassed, "I'm thinking of ordering your cute face on a platter. It'll be delicious, I bet."

I close my menu, and she does too, "there's something even tastier than my cute face," she says.

Veronica sinks her teeth into her luscious bottom lip, "that's for dessert, if you'll let me."

"We'll see," I shrug and drink my wine, "let me just take you in for now."

"You're lovestruck, aren't you?" Veronica giggles.

I swallow and shake my head, "I'm just faced with a dilemma when looking at someone so beautiful."

"Dilemma, huh? What dilemma?" Veronica asks.

"Not being able to focus on anything else. I've looked at the same entree for fifteen minutes because of you. Keep reading the description over and over."

"And when I thought you were just slow."

I gasp, "if you weren't so hot, I'd leave right now, and never call you."

"You'd leave and beg to come back. You can't resist me," Veronica's smile is as devious as her intentions. I stare at her face in awe, even with the slightly noticeable bruise on her nose, she might be the most beautiful woman in the room.

Maybe it's because I have extreme feelings for her, or because of that red dress that has me catching my breath every minute. But she might be the one. The actual one.

"I really can't. Can you resist me?" I ask.

She shrugs, "I think so. There's lots of fish in the sea."

"Well, that's hurtful."

"I'm kidding, lovebug," Veronica tilts her head to the side, "I had a dream last night. Can I tell you about it?"

I nod, "yes, I hope it was about me," I grin.

"I was on the top of a mountain, watching over the bluest sky I'd ever seen, with the clearest water. The breeze felt amazing, and the sun was hitting my face at the right angle. I almost thought I was actually there."

"Sounds like a great dream," I say.

"Yeah, and then someone walked beside me, took my hand and we looked at the view together."

"Was it me?"

Veronica smiles at me, "no, it was Sabrina," my brows furrow and for a moment, I almost pass out from shock. Not really. But I'm surprised, "of course it was you, lovebug."

Veronica begins to laugh uncontrollably. It's definitely because of the look on my face, "that's not funny, Veronica."

I exhale a relieved breath. God, this woman will kill me.

"It is," she reaches for my hand across the table, as her laughter resides, "there's a lot of fish in the sea, Gemma. But you're the only fish that I want to be with."

I sigh, "are you sure? Because if you want to date other people, I understand. Maybe I can live with it," no, I can't. I'm gonna drive crazy thinking about her with someone else. It's not my best personality trait. I guess you can call me possessive. Or whatever. This might be the reason I'd been single for so long.

"Gemma, look at me," I swallow my thoughts, and give her my full attention, "I'm not the poly kind of gal. You are not allowed to date other women. You got me?"