•~chapter five: zenitsu agatsuma~•

Towards the end of the school day, Zenitsu was standing in the library...

...freaking out.

He had originally planned to grab a book and get out of the library, but now, he was frozen in fear.

Why, you may ask?

Because...

...Kanao was hiding behind a bookshelf and she was watching him. And you know how he gets when hot girls are watching.

Why is the class goddess looking at me like that? Zenitsu thought frantically, while knocking books off the shelves

Why is the class goddess looking at me like that? Zenitsu thought frantically, while knocking books off the shelves. Did I do something to offend her or say something wrong?

He proceeded to run away from the library as fast as he could, to get away from Kanao's unnerving stare.

The blond boy ran through the hallways, earning odd stares from many students.

He could still hear Kanao's quick paced footsteps behind him as he ran, and he didn't dare to turn around and ask what he had done.

He suddenly came up with an idea.

The only place she can't follow me...

...is the boys restroom!

Zenitsu dashed into the nearest bathroom.

I'm safe from the wrath of Kanao! he thought, panting inside a stall.

He stayed in his bathroom stall for another ten minutes.

Tsuyuri~san probably left by now... he thought to himself, unlocking the door.

He walked out of the bathroom...and almost ran into Kanao.

"Ahh!" Zenitsu screamed. He shocked Kanao as he ran towards his next escape, which was up the stairs.

Yet...

He didn't know the real reason that Kanao was following him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rewind to 20 minutes ago....

"So Kanao, the person you might be able to be friends with is named Zenitsu Agatsuma." Tanjiro says.

Kanao jolted.

'You mean the blonde boy who was nervously introducing himself on the first day?' she wrote.

"Yes, him." Tanjiro said, nodding. "I believe he just went to the library, so you can ask him if you want to be friends there."

Kanao nodded and let out a 'hmph!' of determination.

She ran out of the classroom and scurried off to the library, her shoes making tap tap noises yet again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and back to the present....

Zenitsu ran up the stairs, determined to get away from what he thought was Kanao's anger.