•~chapter thirty-two: fun in the snow~•

It was a few weeks into winter break, and Kanao had woken up to hear a slight thud on her bedroom window.

Rubbing her eyes, she slid her curtains open and she peered down into the street to see where the noise was coming from.

There, standing bundled up in the street, were Inosuke and Tanjiro. Inosuke was laughing wildly and he was holding snowballs in his hand. Meanwhile...Tanjiro was standing next to him, dozing off.

Without confusion nor question, Kanao shut her curtains and began getting her winter clothes on.

A few minutes later, a click came from the front door and Kanao opened it, as she was now dressed up in the warmest outfit she could find.

(Time to use your imagination, and imagine Kanao in this outfit!)

Kanao walked outside, and when she came to where Tanjiro and Inosuke were, all she saw was Inosuke trying to lift a lifeless Tanjiro out of the snow.

After they got him to stand up, Inosuke explained what they were doing at Kanao's place so early; it was because he had been lying awake in bed at three in the morning because he was so excited about the snow. At five in the morning, he dragged a grumpy Tanjiro out to go into the snow.

Inosuke proudly gestured at the smooth snow that covered the road, and he suddenly began pushing Kanao for no reason.

Kanao began to walk in the snow, and when she turned around, she noticed that she had made footprints in the snow.

Of course, she began to panic, wondering if it was okay that she ruined the nice and smooth snow on her walk.

As she and Inosuke walked back to the front of the house, they saw Tanjiro, who had woken up from his daze.

He had made a mini snowman and he had placed it on the brick wall that was in front of Kanao's house. Seeing the little snowman gave Inosuke an idea, and with Kanao's help, they began making a large snowman.

Kanao and Inosuke rolled the base of the snowman through the snow, and when they finished the body, Tanjiro placed the head on top of the body. They finished their snowman by putting on its buttons, hat, and face.

Kanae came outside and offered them all warm soup, since they had gone outside early and they hadn't eaten breakfast.

Tanjiro and Inosuke accepted this offer, heading inside at once to warm up their hands and to fill up their stomachs.

Kanao, however, stayed outside a little bit longer. Her eyes wandered over to where Tanjiro's mini snowman sat on the brick wall of her house, and she got an idea.

She took a few steps forward, and she crouched down. Then, she scooped some handfuls of snow up into her gloved hands and she made a mini snowman that was similar to Tanjiro's.

She was about to put her snowman on the wall too, but then she noticed that her snowman had a little frown on its face.

She scratched the surface of the snow a bit until she was satisfied with the cute little smile on the snowman's face.