•~chapter twenty-eight: winter's arrival~•

Kanao was standing in front of her mirror. She was putting on her winter uniform, as the weather had gradually changed from warm and humid to chilly.

She peered out the curtains of her bedroom window, and she saw that the glass was misty and it was cold to the touch.

Since it was cold, Kanao walked over to her closet. After fishing around in one of the bins, she found what she was looking for-a long, pale pink scarf.

She wrapped the scarf around her neck, and she checked her reflection in the mirror once again. Once she made sure that nothing on her uniform looked out of place, she picked up her book bag and started on her way to school.

 Once she made sure that nothing on her uniform looked out of place, she picked up her book bag and started on her way to school

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

After a few minutes of walking in the cold, Kanao was glad to make it into the nice and heated school building.

As she bent down to grab her shoes from her locker, she felt something alarmingly cold press onto her cheek.

Kanao leapt up in panic, and she turned around to see an Inosuke who was rolling around on the ground in laughter.

"Hahahaha!" Inosuke howled. "The look on your face, Manao! It was just my hand, it wasn't that cold!"

And with those words, he ran off to the classroom, still howling with laughter and leaving Kanao utterly bewildered.

Kanao stood in the same spot for a few minutes until a familiar voice jolted her from her surprise.

"Hello there, Kanao-san!"

Kanao turned around to see Tanjiro's smiling face. As he headed to his locker, Kanao got an idea.

A minute passed as Tanjiro slipped on his school shoes. But, as he stood up, he felt something soft and cold press onto his face.

He stood up in surprise, and he turned around to see Kanao's ponytail whip around the corner of the school hallway.

As he put two and two together about what happened to his cheek, he couldn't help but blush a little as he walked off towards his classroom...

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Tanjiro wanted to ask Kanao about the cold thing that had pressed to his face earlier, but he couldn't.

He couldn't ask her because as soon as he walked into the classroom, he immediately felt an awkward presence in the room.

He looked around and he saw that all his classmates sat huddled in their seats. Many of them were trembling and looking very scared. Others were whispering to each other fearfully.