•~chapter eight: the physical exam and the student council~•

Kanao was still having her mixed feelings of panic and ecstasy about her first phone call even the next day.

Tanjiro felt the same feelings that she felt.

So that was why, that morning, they both were looking away from each other in embarrassment.

Tanjiro began to speak after minutes of silence, but he avoided the topic of the phone call.

"Ano...Kanao~san, I hear that Miss Kocho is choosing our class representatives today for the student council..." Tanjiro said uncertainly.

Kanao nodded.

'She told me yesterday.' Kanao wrote.

And, as if on cue, the bell rang. Everyone in the class made their way to their seats, and waited for Miss Kocho to make her announcement.

"Good morning, everybody!" Kanae said, her bright smile never leaving her face. "We do have quite a busy day today!"

"So first, if you might have heard, we're choosing student council representatives today!" she said, clapping her hands. People looked down at their laps silently, as no one wanted to volunteer.

"If I don't have any volunteers, do I have any nominees for president?" she asked.

Almost immediately, nearly every student in the class stood up and shouted, "I nominate Tsuyuri~san for president!"

Kanao began to tremble in fear, but everyone mistook that as trembling for excitement.

"Would you like to do it, Kanao?" Kanae asked.

Kanao wanted to write a response, but someone raised their hand. It was Zenitsu.

"I oppose Kanao~san as the class president." he said swiftly.

Zenitsu! You're sacrificing yourself to save Kanao? You're such an amazing friend! Tanjiro thought.

People began to walk up to the blonde boy slowly.

"How come you oppose her for president, Agatsuma?" one student asked in a menacing voice.

Zenitsu was paralyzed with fear because of all the threatening auras that surrounded him. But, he took a deep breath, as he had a plan.

"I oppose her because...president seems too small of a role for Kanao~san!" Zenitsu shouted. And surprisingly, many people agreed.

Within seconds, people had run up to the blackboard and written down ideas for Kanao's council position.

Some of these were 'She who must not be named', 'CEO', and 'Goddess'.

"Er...so I assume, that everyone agrees that Kanao's council position is 'Goddess'." Kanae said in confusion. There was an uproar of cheers. I guess that meant Kanao's position on the student council really is goddess.

"We need a president. Are there any volunteers?" Kanae asked.

Everyone stopped cheering and rushed back to their seats. Then, someone suddenly raised their hand.

"I...I volunteer to be student council president!" a girl said. "I'm Aoi Kanzaki!"

She had black hair tied into pigtails, and she had dark blue eyes.

"Okay, any other volunteers besides Aoi?" Kanae asked, and there was no reply.

"We also need a Vice President!"Kanae said. Tanjiro looked around the room, and then he raised his hand slowly.

"I volunteer to be the vice president of our student representatives!" Tanjiro said confidently.

"Okay! So our representatives consist of Kanao, Tanjiro, and Aoi." Kanae said happily. She looked up at the clock on the wall and gasped.