Prologue

I think the world is unfair.

Maybe it is unfair.

No wait, the world truly is unfair.

Perhaps the true saying goes that "We've asked more than we've answered."

The world, our home Terra, is a complex place to live in, some may call it a big world, or it's a small world after all.

Think about it, the blue marble out of all the other alienated rocks and gas planets out in the field being plain quiet, while Earth is like that one noisy bunch at the back of the classroom, while the other folks being quiet in front are our celestial buddies—bodies.

Scale is a totally subjective opinion to each and one of us, but I prefer to call our home a big and convoluted world.

A world where unfairness reigns in our backs.

Why do you think world hunger is still far from becoming a reality, terrorism continues to haunt ordinary lives, and bullying an everyday commotion?

That's right, the world is unfair. Human greed may be humanity's worst sin and worst weapon to themselves because let's face it, greed is a fad. Every one of us has to be greedy at some point, even the littlest of lies and envy.

But second to that is human alienation, a bittersweet combination of two words, huh?

Our world is circulated around stereotypes, be it a cultural stereotype like the West and Far East, or a universal and biological one, like feminism and masculism, or even calling out that stranger in the streets a slut or a pedophile by the looks.

Especially when a masculine is involved.

Society has been wacky and competitive about which of the two biologicals encompass more power, rights, voices, and equality. Take wartimes of the past where man has to serve the war, while women and children are to stay, make a living, and fight for extinction. Or how we debate whether a man or a woman is fit for a leadership role.

Or let's take it to a modern example, the war between VHS and Betamax tapes.

In a sense, I call that hoarding of feelings.

But now, I'd say that it has shifted, men are looked upon as more inferior, frail, and one at fault than ever before, even when they are not. Perhaps we haven't given them a chance of time—a voice. If only it was as simple as the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, then our society would be close to a dream.

While greed and alienation may be humanity's eternal sin, recognition may be humanity's confession of sins.

To men out there, especially the vulnerable, frail, and powerless, here is a voice for you.

To all of you out there, take a second hint of your words and actions, because they mean a lot.

- Akko