Afterword

As much as we say life is a rollercoaster, I'd rather say it has many tracks and tracks of rollercoasters before you even begin to call it a rollercoaster. But even before you even try riding a rollercoaster, we have to start somewhere, right? Everyone has their starts and beginnings, most of which are embarrassing and not worth a conversation starter.

But the question remains, where do we start when we confront society altogether?

As much as fruitful our communities and circles of friends are, it's hard to justify the contrary behind their reason for existence. It's even difficult if you're getting your start on being a fully-functional part of society as a young adult when everyone says you should be doing it in your early adolescent years. Getting our start to becoming independent meant making decisions by ourselves, believing in what's right and wrong for each and one of us, meeting new people, breaking with the yore, having grudges on the people we canceled over a simple mistake or embarrassment they made back in elementary.

Once we start deciding, you'll realize that emotions move us all the time. There's no denying that. If you were a girl and your knight in shining armor suddenly answers your confession to him, you'd be so moved in the moment with a fluffy (delusional) atmosphere that your mind's completely 99% of the time to say yes. If there's a certain colleague who you made a helping hand with and achieved a big goal, you'd definitely want to be friends with this colleague of yours for the entirety of your life—admire them, cherish them, idolize them. Why were you friends with this colleague in the first place? Because of that one big goal you made with them years ago. We're subjective and emotional beings—your emotions would be so over your conscience that you'd start wanting to do things for them.

We can't help but to promise, and that solely defines most of our reason for being.

Once you're done realizing your own worth, you're next to putting your worth in society. A harsh environment masked in a fruitful, developing, and generous market and business. You'd be like "How do people treat me here if I'm like this and that?" or "What would people think of me just being here?" I don't know, nobody knows. We wouldn't know until you make the first move. The reason everything's built is because someone has to make the first move. It doesn't matter if it's an emotionally damaging trap or a mutually advantageous one. That sucks, we all like to be witnesses, not action-takers.

As for the question of, "Why commit to that, you can just leave that beside and nothing will happen," well, humanity would've already ceased to exist if we haven't done or committed to anything.

Then if ever we're going to be action-takers, here comes our sympathy for our reason of being. Imagine letting a romantic relationship bear fruit only to realize that you haven't done your part objectively as a significant other. We would be all the rage and say "Why'd you commit to this, I thought it's the one you wanted!" and we grieve that we wasted our time and efforts over a useless human being who's just there to give you trauma and emotional damage. Everyone wants a happy relationship, but sometimes there are just some who'll just enjoy the frosting on top of the cake, not the actual cake itself.

I told you, we're all moved by our emotions.

It's no joke that society is huge brimming with different people, ideas, and beliefs. It's like your parents telling you that college is going to be a totally different setting compared to high-school, just multiply that by a factor of a hundred hectares, and there you go. It's obvious that nothing's perfect. Some people will like you, some people will find you hostile, and there's just some people who are just straight out grieving innocent souls for whatever reason other than pleasure. If you're asking the question "What, there's people like that?" It'll mostly arrive at the answer of "Yes." That's how diverse each and every one of us is.

Well, any of our problems wouldn't be resolved until we voice out to the conflicting party. Silence just happens to be man's best friend. Leaving a problem isn't good. Even little petty problems contribute to a mass-wanted criminal. Where did it all start? On them, including the experiences, discrimination, and trauma that they have experienced before.

All because we care for our emotions, we care for our reason for being. Being emotional is a really good sign, but leveraging that is a whole nother story if it's a bad or good take of one person.

This book, Prelude of Humanity, reveals just a quarter of society beheading itself, a protagonist who has a fathomable hate for society over unfairness and injustice and roams around an unfamiliar world where everything of what he idealized is upside-down. He thought that society's just a breeding ground of unfairness and false accusations but had nowhere to go to leverage his positive character, instead, starting with friends. From there, his group of friends have a multitude of variety between trust and integrity between each and one of them—a lively social person who has a multitude of connections and ignores petty problems, a nerdy person who is lawful yet afraid to admit problems, and a person whose a brimming low-profile murderer who was very moved by emotions, promises, and connections garnered around her and plans to kill anyone who disrupts with her happiness and path in life, with her side yet to uncover. All of that while our protagonist gets psychologically and mentally attacked over his inferiority and weakness of a man even though masculinity should be defined on him, society says. All. Of. That—While our protagonist has been distracted falling in love with a plastic and fake-masked relationship he thought he'd flourish, but ended up his existence and reason for being falling apart with questions that cripples his worth—a mental assassination.

At the end of the day, nobody knows until we uncloak our silent selves. Silence kills us after all. And things will continue to be horrible unless someone uncovers the truth—or be an action-taker. We all long for the truth, whether it's a good or nasty one—we just really want to reveal the reason why someone is treating us this way.

I thank my friends and family who were supportive along my way of writing this book to finish. This might be my lengthiest piece I've ever done, and I hope you enjoyed quite a rough journey. While writing this book, this time would probably be the most bitter summer vacation I'll ever had, shedding sleepless nights and my emotional take upon writing this one heck of a story. It may be the messiest, most emotional piece I've written. But it'll forever be the best. I'd also like to give props to a certain and cool uncle of mine and circles of friends who's always contemplating life and the universe as we know it with me.

And lastly, this book is dedicated (and written because I'm moved by emotions) to a certain ex-significant other.

Thank you, and stay tuned for more on my little masterpiece, the Humanity Series!

- Tubasas

Little tidbit, but if this story were to have an ending song, this is what brewed in my mind:

Also, a huge thanks to pryeonnii (IG: @priyeonniarts) for sketching my dear one-of-a-kind Akko while Prelude's in the works!