Chapter 8

February eleventh. Monday's just looming around the corner, which is the date for the said batch reunion.

Nothing too shabby between today and yesterday, it's been just your average boy taking average classes on some fairly average days. It just so happens that between Monday and Wednesday, they've been one of the most extraordinary days of my life.

Ever since Tuesday, Ala-chan's been waking up early and we frequently meet midway as I walk my way to uni every morning. Sad to say, maybe our primetime Akkola midnight podcasts may slowly become a thing of the past since both of us are too tired to ever stay up late.

So it'll be moved earlier in the evening!

I seldom hear news about Miko, though she's been wandering around the group conversation sending pictures and telling her moments everyday. Both Miko and Ala-chan frequently converse in that group conversation.

Strangely enough, I've only seen Tomo last Wednesday where we had lunch with Miko and visited her house. She's nowhere to be seen, even in uni. Though I see her online in game and in my Chats especially every evening, I didn't budge to message her.

"Oh it's time."

Finally, History class was dismissed.

That was just the second period of my Friday—the first being General Sciences, so I immediately headed down to the cafeteria in hopes to search Ala-chan.

Erm... it's bustling in the cafeteria because it's break time, ugh I hate crowds.

Despite my effort and courage to swim through the crowd in the cafeteria glancing around the tables, there's no sight of Ala-chan.

"Shoot, where might've she gone to, if not for the cafeteria?"

This entire time, our meeting place was always a certain corner in the cafeteria, but that awfully seems like not today. I wonder if she actually forgot to tell me where to meet up—well despite her boastfulness of having a sharp memory, I have common experiences where her memory is as milled down as a goldfish.

But it's the end of the world for me, because I have nothing to eat without Ala-chan.

I panicked, as I went around the campus like some student council body patrolling. Why panic? Well I'll definitely miss the waffle time we'd usually have.

Then I remembered, "Hm, they might have been in the school's mini-gazebo area." because it's the second most-popular place after the cafeteria, so I walked my way there.

As lousy and doofus as I am, I kept concealing myself in the area around the gazebo area. I'm not too sure, but embarrassingly, I unknowingly don't want to meet someone along the way until I get there. Me doing this meant that it's extremely difficult for me to find Ala-chan.

"Oh look, it's the group that Tomo and I stumbled across two days ago."

Unsurprisingly, they were in the same gazebo as they were two days ago, the one just in front of the stairs we took that day.

"That gazebo crossed out."

Yeah my mind turned into like one of those paper mats in a kiddy restaurant where you can draw, cross out, or trace stuff.

There's no luck in the same gazebo spot that Tomo and I situated ourselves on, so that's out of the list as well...

"Hmm..."

But I figured, Ala-chan is the type of person who loves corners. Now you see why we always situated ourselves in the cafeteria in one corner.

After checking for the gazebos adjacent to the gazebo where Tomo's friend group is, I finally checked for the gazebo opposite to the first.