Final Chapter

April seventh.

Some few days after I rested up from that pointless lawful fiasco, I was awoken to the knocking door.

"C-coming!" I stuttered my speech as I literally just woke up, rose from my futon, and went straight for the door. Opening the door, It was the formidable, unstoppable, and menacing Yayoi Shiho.

She appeared in front of me as if she posed for a beach magazine shoot, with her right hand covering the right side of her face whilst looking on to me. "Yahoh!" Greeted with her signature as usual. She handed me out something from her right hand.

"What's this, Ms. Yayoi?" I took a hold of the small vertical envelope that she's been handing out to me.

"G'ugh, drop the honorific, I said!" She finally went out of her pose out of disgust, later stood erect in front of me, stylishly crossed her arms with a playful smirk—a mood swing in less than ten seconds, "Heh. We've won the lottery."

"Okay, hold on. Who? Like 'we' as in we—both of us, or 'we' as in you guys, excluding me?"

"The 'we' we."

"Okay, why the hell is this envelope paper thin? Have we won the run-down one-star lottery or something?"

"It's a cash check, basically a petty money kind of voucher, but put in very legally and professionally."

I tore open the vertical envelope from the top. It's so small that it's ten centimeters wider than the size of a cash bill. That's why I was baffled at first because it's absolute—you can't fit more than ten paper bills in this enclosed space.

Taking out the contents of it, it revealed to me a sturdy hard paper with a signature blue slip corner.

I sighed in frustration. Groaned.

"Uh. Is this one of your pesky lies?"

"No, no! This is your jackpot! Get it, because you've won her heart? Sayre's pretty much a grand lottery in your eyes, kachow!"

I scratched my head. You know Ms. Yayoi. . . one hell of a joker.

"Anyway, chop chop with your stuff and whateves, the flight's gonna be at around nine-thirty, so you should be at the airport at eight-thirty." She added.

"Huh. Oh look what do we have here."

While Yayoi was about to walk away down the staircase and disappear to god knows where, it's to anyone's surprise that a Curious Aka would walk out of her room with all the fuss going this early in the morning.

Looking here from the inside, the scene would absolutely knack for a cinematic aspect ratio and a warm, muted, and desert-y color profile. Yes, I'm talking one of those cowboy-like western scenery picturing out how these two are looking intently at each other. Yayoi would look like she's about to pull a revolver from her pockets, while Aka would seem to bust out her tangling rope.

The sunshine of a morning turned into an intense battlefield of a mind game. Yayoi Shiho—the woman who knows every corner of the law, versus Aka Honda—the woman of experience, logic, and common sense. While in sheer hindsight both of them could be similar in objective, it's like distinguishing between musical notes and an ensemble playing the actual music. While both statements do fall under the field of music, both are entirely different worlds.

And it turns out. . .

"Yahoh!" Yayoi gracefully held her palm up. "You must be Akko-tan's neighbor, aye?"

"Right. . . . Ahahaha. . . " Aka shyly scratched her back while breaking eye contact with her. "'Ya coul' say that I'm a caretaker of that damn of a boy."