• T H I R T Y •

E L I J A H

Elijah stood by the entrance of the medical facility, after having signed the discharge forms and collecting his medication for the next few days.
Arius and Ryder had both texted him separately that they'd be coming to pick him up.
The warm rays of the sun sank into his skin, making him feel sleepy all over again, but comforting him in a way. He had always loved being in the sun but today was slightly different. He felt giddy and impatient as he drummed his fingers against the wall he was leaning on.
His mum and Abby had given him a proper scolding after hearing what had happened, but Elijah had just laughed it all off.
Oh he'd loved the break from school, sleeping all day, being pampered by the nurses who really liked his goofy nature and making friends with the doctor. He was dreading going back to school and internally groaned at all of the work he had to catch up on.

He perked up at the sight of Ryder, Tirzah, Arius and Viggo all walking toward him.

"I did not expect all of you to show up, but it's cute." Elijah chuckled, genuinely feeling touched by the gesture, it was nice to see all of their stupid faces after so long.

"It takes a village." Arius said, smirking at Elijah as the latter rolled his eyes.

Tirzah wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him tight, burying her face in his chest.

"God, babe I've missed you! Math is so boring these days." She groaned into his chest as Arius pulled her back slightly, separating the two.

"Go easy on him, he's just out of hospital Tirzah.“ he smiled, shaking his head.

Viggo and Ryder exchanged suspicious looks and burst out into a fit of sniggers as Arius blushed scarlet from the neck up.

"Glad you're okay man!" Viggo patted his back as they all made their way toward their respective dorms.

They filled in Elijah on whatever had happened during the week, talked about school work and reassured him that he didn't have much worry about.

What had he done to have found gems like this?

Maybe coming to Stonewall wasn't such a bad thing after all.

He glanced toward his right where Ryder walked, unusually stoic and a tight lipped smile on her face. He'd really have to talk to her about whatever was bothering her, he had kept quiet for too long and it pained him whenever he remembered the night she had broken down into the most heartbreaking sobs.

"Alright, I'll leave you guys to it! See y'all at dinner." Arius said.

Elijah remembered that he had rehearsals for the play scheduled for the end of the year and wished him good luck as the rest of them walked on.

Once they reached their dorms Elijah placed both his hands on Ryder's shoulders and took a deep breath.

"I don't know how else to put this Ry, I'm really worried about you and I want you to feel better and I'm here for you, always. You don't have to go through this feeling like you don't have anybody to lean on, okay?" He said all in one breath, taking Ryder by surprise.

Her eyes teared up, and her lower lip trembled, but she didn't break. Elijah pulled her in for a hug which she reciprocated immediately resting her face on his shoulder.

"Thank you Elijah, but I'm not ready. Well it's not that I'm not ready, I just don't know to talk about it because I never have. Give me some time." She said softy.

"Take your time, I'm here for hugs and ice cream if you ever need it." Elijah hugged her tighter.

"Can we do a movie night instead? Jake's been off the whole day, troubles with Dani apparently." Ryder sighed, pulled her hoodie over her head as she sat down.