• T W O •

^ Picture of Ryder.

- - -

E L I J A H

The door banged open and startled Elijah as a girl around his age tumbled into the room and smacked herself against the wall, dropping the two boxes she was holding. She was clumsy as fuck, that much Elijah could deduce.

"Fuck. Are you going to help me or what?" She barked. And then, as if she had realised something shocking, she gulped and shook her head slightly.

Elijah laughed and took the bags from her, setting them down on her side of the room. She bolted outside and walked back in with a TV.
A. Television.
Grabbing her toolbox, she mounted it on the wall which took her around fifteen minutes.
Elijah watched in amazement. He had definitely not considered the possibility that he'd watch his roommate fix a television the first time they met.

"Are we allowed to get that stuff in here?" Elijah asked her after she was done. She didn't answer him. She stood up and Elijah realised that she was almost as tall as him, save for two inches. That was saying something because Elijah was 6 feet tall.

"I don't fucking care. Besides, my cousin goes here and he said he'd get it connected for me."

She was really pretty with dark brown shoulder length hair, light brown eyes and a set of pearly whites that belonged in a toothpaste commercial. She was wearing a loose Nickelback tee and ripped jeans cuffed at the ankle with her feet enclosed in a pair of Converse sneakers.

Atleast she listened to good music, Elijah thought.

"So, why are you here? What did you do?" she suddenly asked him. Elijah narrated the incident involving Mr.Rowley to her and she raised her eyebrows while smirking.

"You? I'm guessing you nearly killed yourself while walking to class or something, given your dramatic entrance." He pointed out.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes at the unnecessary sass.

"I went from being a straight A student to failing nearly all my classes and my stupid parents thought dumping me here would help me, for some goddamn reason." she scowled, putting emphasis on the "here".

"Don't even ask me why, I don't know."

Before Elijah could say anything, a young man, around twenty four years old peeped in and informed them that their first assembly would take place in the courtyard, followed by dinner.
"Your names please?" he asks, holding out a tiny notepad.

"Ryder Jay" the girl says, after Elijah tells him his name.

"Two Y's in one name? Who would've thought!" exclaimed Elijah after the man left.
Ryder gave him a peculiar look, her eyebrows raised in question.

"Okay that was me making a very obvious observation, it's incredibly rare in a name, no?"

"Uh, yeah I guess? Whatever works?" She mumbled, the corners of her mouth tugging up slightly.

Elijah thought she definitely looked like a "Ryder". The name suited her. He wasn't going to tell her that though, because he got the vibe that she would sock him in the face if he said something more. They walked out together, after Ryder had switched her pants for a pair of joggers and Elijah had changed into a tee and cargo shorts. Elijah realised that the building was constructed in a circular fashion, with a courtyard in the middle with a tiny, raised platform. The boys were on the left and the girls on the right. Ryder nodded at Elijah and turned away, her shoulder length hair bobbing slightly.
He joined the rest of the boys and got into the the third column.