• E I G H T •

E L I J A H

"You're one hot dude. Have a girlfriend babe?" Tirzah asked him, biting her lip.

Elijah cringed inwardly and tried to keep in the laughter that threatened to burst out of his lungs, failing miserably.

Why did everyone think lip biting was a turn on? He'd never understand that.
And babe? Get the fuck out!

Tirzah was Jake's roommate and she wouldn't stop hitting on Elijah.

She was drop dead gorgeous, with strawberry blonde hair and big cerulean blue eyes. She was around 5'8, and Elijah was sure she'd catch everyone's attention pretty quick. But she seemed to have eyes only for Elijah, atleast for now.

After they were done with dinner they had strolled back to their room lazily and Jake had come to their room a few minutes later with a bag of potato crisps and a girl trailing behind him.

"Hi! I'm Tirzah. Can't wait for all of us to bond over slasher movies." She'd said, bouncing on her toes and beaming at them as Jake looked like he was wondering if bringing her here was a good idea.

Elijah and Ryder had stared at her, dumbfounded until Jake had introduced them to her. They'd started talking, Jake settling on his favourite bean bag and Tirzah popping herself onto the floor, resting her back against Ryder's bed. Ryder had looked at her in awe, astounded that she could be so chirpy and could hold a conversation with absolutely anybody, the complete opposite of what she was.

Tirzah had moved to the States from Serbia when she was six, with her mother Abigail and father Firenze and four of her siblings. She had chosen to go to school here since it was so secluded and literally set in the woods.

As of now, Jake, Ryder and Tirzah were looking at Elijah who was bent over, laughing hysterically. His laughter was too contagious for them not to join in and soon, they were all on the floor, laughing at nothing in particular, stomachs clenching in pain. When they'd finally calmed down, Tirzah winked at Elijah, curling her fingers into a "call me" motion and exaggerating it, sending them into another bout of sniggers.

"Well, you're pretty hot too Ryder." She smirked, looking at the girl up and down in all her rock band tee glory.

Ryder blushed and covered her face with her hair, uncomfortable as hell but flattered nonetheless.

"Jacob's hot too, but his girlfriend sounds like she'd skin me alive and eat me for dinner so I'm good."

"Did you just hit on all three of us? What the fuck Tirzah?" Jake said, kicking her away from him, laughing.

"Well, can you blame me? You're all blessed in the looks department."

"Such a flirt." Elijah muttered, smiling warmly at all three idiots.

"What do you, you know, like identify as?" Ryder asked, addressing the elephant in the room.

"I really don't like to label myself. If a dude's hot, he's hot. If a chick's hot, she's hot. Person's hot? Person's hot. But if I had to, I guess you could say I'm pansexual." Tirzah said, popping a can of soda.

"That's uh, cool." Elijah grimaced, clearly clueless.

"It means they don't care what gender someone is if they want to date them." Ryder explained.

"Yeah I know, there was a girl like that at rehab. " Jake let out.

Ryder looked so excited to have found someone else who wasn't straight.