• S I X •

E L I J A H

Elijah stands in front of the huge door, the artist in him admiring the intricate patterns carved into it. He'd finished his last class for the day which was Art and made his way to the fifth floor where the Music room was located. They were instructed to wait until one of the support staff members had unlocked the door for them and handed over the supplies. It was around 4:45pm and Elijah was getting drowsy. He became extremely cantankerous when he hadn't slept well which was what had happened last night.

Thanks to the permanently ill-tempered twerp he'd found lying on the floor.

To be honest though, he felt really bad for Arius. He, of all people knew panic attacks when he saw one. Just the sight of Arius looking so lost, helpless and wild stirred up something in Elijah's chest. His face had been wet with tears; body shivering and deathly cold to the touch. It had disarmed Elijah completely to see someone so composed and seemingly arrogant as Arius in such a haphazard state.

He was still thinking about last night when he heard a muffled, deep voice coming closer to him paired with two sets of footsteps.

"Here lad, take these keys yeah? An' the rags with the liquid. I'll be takin' yer leave then. Good day fellas!" said the man, cutting to the chase immediately.

He was slightly shorter than Arius and wore a faded blue hat over his longish greying hair. He had perfectly aligned teeth and a smile that literally spelled out "friendly". He nodded at the boys and stalked off, smiling at Arius quite fondly. Elijah turned to look at Arius, bewildered that he'd made an older man smile at him only to find him smiling back at the man's retreating figure.

The dude CAN smile after all!

He also found himself thinking that if everybody saw Arius like this everyday, the girls would be all over him. Something about that thought made him uncomfortable.
Jealousy. He wanted to be the one girls would be all over.

Yeah, that was it.

Arius had the purest smile on his face. Lips quirked up and a dimple appearing in his left cheek; his eyes wrinkling at the corners and turning the lightest shade of grey Elijah had ever seen.
Elijah got caught staring blatantly AGAIN and Arius shot him a dirty look, the innocence slipping from his face faster than Elijah had blinked.

Fucking hell, what was wrong with him?

He shook himself and decided that he wouldn't bother the arsehole. If he wanted to be left alone, that's what Elijah would do, gladly.
Arius unlocked the door and the both of them were hit with the swirling dust inside the large room. The windows were all bolted shut from the inside and the instruments (atleast that's what Elijah thought they were) were covered with clothes cut out of the same fabric, varying in size. Arius wordlessly shoved one of the spray bottles and wiping cloths into Elijah's palms and started taking off the clothes used as a covering. Elijah went about opening the windows and the room was bathed in a fiery orange light streaming in through the windows on the right.

The sun was just beginning to set and Elijah wouldn't miss it for the world. He stared for a few minutes, his eyes immediately lighting up and a fuzzy feeling overtaking his body, gaining prominence in his chest. He took his eyes off the sun and looked at the view in front of him. Although he was expecting it, the greenery stretched for miles and miles. In the far distance he could see a hazy outline of a range of hills illuminated by the glow of the setting sun. The lake was so still, it almost looked like a mirror was placed on the ground. Every now and then, a few ripples would erupt and then the lake would go back to sleep. The grass looked like the tips had been lit up like a candle; the many trees giving off an impending sense of doom, a fear of the unknown in the long shadows. They looked so welcoming during the daytime but now, they looked like the Devil's hideout. It was all so beautiful, until Elijah's phone rang, blaring out the MANTRA intro from BMTH.