• O N E •

^ Elijah on the side.

- - -

E L I J A H

Crouch, jump. Crouch, jump.
Crouch, jump.

"Elijah, will you fucking stop thundering the floor? Some of us are trying to watch shit on TV. " yelled Abby, from downstairs.

Elijah sighed, fatigue taking over his senses. He lay on his carpeted floor and tried to breathe; just breathe. Nothing more, nothing less.
Elijah's life was going to change by a lot. He'd gotten kicked out of school for being a prankster and almost killing one of his teachers' by accident. He had vowed that he wouldn't do any pranks for atleast another four months.
Now four months was a long, long time. And the proposition was very odd, if he may say so himself. He was determined to keep up appearances at his new school.
He checked his clock which showed 7:09 pm and decided he was just going to knock himself out. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

He couldn't fucking wait.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He pulled his faded grey sweatshirt on and dragged his trolley downstairs, looking around the place he'd called home for the past eighteen years one last time and frowned. He didn't want to leave.

"You ready? Mum's in the truck" asked Abby, appearing near the front door and beckoning him forward. She saw that he looked somewhat afraid of the whole ordeal.
Walking up to him, she took the bags from him and tugged on his sleeve,

"You'll be back for Christmas. At least I hope so?"

He looked up and wrapped his arms around her, not wanting to let go.
The sudden onslaught of emotions had risen up inside of him and taken him by surprise, making him distraught and torn between laughing at the mess he'd gotten himself into or crying because he'd miss Abby, his mum and their home terribly.

"I don't want to go. Why do I have to?" he mumbled, in a small voice. It reminded him of the time he was seven years old and they'd moved houses for the first time ever.

Abby kissed him on his forehead, held him at arm's length and ruffled his messy locks. She was only being nice to him because they weren't going live together anymore.

"If you'd only held yourself back from Mr.Rowley, maybe you wouldn't have to."
Snickering, she pulled him towards the porch and locked the house.

"Took y'all long enough" huffed his mum as she started up the truck. Abby loaded his stuff into the back and called shotgun. Elijah got in the back, still in a daze and very annoyed.

Soon, they were out of the city, 90's rock music blaring out of the speakers and the wind whipping past his face as he looked outside. He liked to keep the windows open.

Elijah was quite the troublemaker at Woodcreek High, his previous school. Always pulling pranks and putting his teachers, classmates and teammates through pandemonium.
The Principal decided he'd had enough of this nonsense and was forced to remove him from the Institute when Elijah had somehow managed to get Mr.Rowley in the janitor's closet and locked him up there for a good forty five minutes or so.
Mr.Rowley had asthma and had fallen unconscious which worried all the other faculty.
The Principal had all but dragged Elijah to his room by his ear and rang his mother up immediately.
This was definitely not the worst Elijah had done, hell, it didn't even hold a candle to the mass pranks he'd pulled, not even close. Liz couldn't understand why she was being asked to take her notorious son out of school until the man in power had told her about Mr.Rowley's asthma.
She shuddered and her eyes went wide as she looked at Elijah. She was pissed off.