• T H I R T Y O N E •

E L I J A H

It had been three weeks since Elijah's little accident and they were nearing the semester end assessments after which a little break was scheduled for them to relax so that they could step into the second half of their year. Elijah's basketball team had started rigorous practices again, since Coach Amy was hoping to get them all properly trained before the next tournament.

Arius had made it a habit to come watch Elijah play as much as could. The first day he had walked in with his grey beanie and black sweater looking a little lost as he searched for Elijah, the blonde haired boy had been absolutely ecstatic and very moved that Arius wanted to come watch him play. They didn't really talk about it exclusively but the shy smiles they shared after his practice had ended sufficed.

Needless to say, the two of them had started hanging out a lot more than usual. They almost spent the whole day together, other than the times they had other commitments. And even then, they'd find their way back to each other in the theater practice room or the basketball court.

Elijah was on his way to the library after snacking with Ryder who had promptly fallen asleep post their tiring day at school. Since she was part of the student council, they were making preparations to host the annual ball in honour of the Founders of Stonewall High. Elijah had heard that it was done on a pretty large scale, the decorations, the food, the transformation of the venue. Everything was expected to look absolutely stunning.

He jogged up the stairs and cursed under his breath. He was late again. He greeted the librarian with a quick smile and ran to the end of the hallway, making a sharp left turn where he found the other boy sitting cross legged on the floor where he had his eyes screwed up in concentration as he bit his pen.
He was wearing his glasses again today and Elijah cheered and squealed internally. He loved it when Arius wore glasses.
He had only ever seen him wear glasses in his room as he read a novel by his bedside lamp.

"You're late again!" Arius muttered, without looking up, scribbling something on his book.

"Am I ever on time?" Elijah laughed, throwing his book bag on the floor and sitting down next to Arius.

"I'd take you for an imposter if you ever did come on time." Arius said, his lips tilting just enough to catch Elijah's attention.

He finally looked up and raised his left eyebrow, smiling at Elijah.

"You look hot in those glasses." Elijah breathed out, almost whispering.

"I know." Arius smirked this time, after running his hand through his curls, making Elijah wish he was the one doing it instead.

He reached out and gripped Arius's neck, pulling him close. Their lips danced together, molding into each other's as Elijah's hands sank into Arius's hair, tugging slightly. Arius placed his right hand against Elijah's stomach and the other one around his back as they kissed fervently, communicating their growing longing for each other through gentle nips and swipes of tongues.

"Mmmpf-as much as I'd like- ah" Arius groaned mid-sentence.

His eyes rolled into the back of his head and his breathing became laboured as Elijah smiled against his skin, leaving a trail of open mouthed kisses on the side of his neck. Just as Arius tilted his neck to give Elijah more access, the latter moved back, releasing his hair after placing a sweet little kiss on Arius's Adam's apple.

"You were saying?" He asked innocently, blinking his eyes as he pulled out his physics text book.

"What a fucking tease." Arius almost growled, his voice going almost an octave lower which only made Elijah laugh.