Oh No

I wake up feeling extremely grumpy and with a headache. August's punches were strong. I take a long shower, wincing when hot water touches my skin. I finish and wear my outfit for the day, consisting of a tank top and leggings.

Adora helps me hide the swelling on my face from his punches. It has reduced, but last night it was terrible. I could not sleep on my stomach because my face hurt, and I was not able to sleep on my back because the bruise hurt.

I go downstairs, and Mrs Black places a plate full of eggs and bacon. I thank her and start digging in.

"How is the bruise?" Ace questions about my back.

"The swelling has reduced. It does hurt," I stretch and wince from the pain.

"I told you to be safe," Mrs Black scolds me.

"I know, but Blue was crazy strong," I answer her.

"Wait. You fought August?" She questions, and I nod.

"Why didn't I know about this?" She exclaims.

"So, did you win?" She eagerly questions.

"Duh!! I am undefeatable." I exclaim, and she chuckles.

"Details." She inquires, and I tell her everything from the start. As you might have guessed, Mrs Black is like a teenager. She is so supportive of her kids and me. She is the only one who knows what happened between Blue and me. I was unsure about training and fighting, but she encouraged me.

"That's my girl," She grins, and I give her a thankful smile. Adora sighs beside me.

"Mom, I am your actual daughter, and you are not this happy when I do something."

"Oh shush, you know I love you. But Alex here has a special place in my heart. After you, of course." Adora shakes her head and chuckles.

"You have to meet him today, right?" Mrs Black questions.

"Yep, and I am late. I will see you next week Mrs Black and thanks again," I hug her and get ready to leave.

"You want me to drop you?" Ace stops me before I leave.

"No. I am going to skateboard there. It's not too far."

"Bye, guys. See you tomorrow,"

"Alright. Be safe." I hear replies from both of them, and I chuckle. They are twins, alright.

"Stop copying me," This is the last thing I hear as I leave. I pick up my skateboard and start skating toward his house.

Spending a whole day with my former best friend on a stupid project. I don't know how I feel. But I am definitely not looking forward to it. I hum a song along the way and soon reach his home.

Blue's parents are always travelling due to their work, so they are rarely home. His new home looks beautiful from the outside. The lawn looks so pretty with all types of flowers. The grass and everything look so beautiful under the summer sun. There are so many lavender plants, so the place smells heavenly.

I stand in front of the door and contemplate running away. I can ask the teacher to change partners. Why didn't I ask for a partner change right away? I am so stupid. I don't care if I get a low grade. I can't even tolerate staying in the same class as him, forget about spending a whole day.

Before I could leave, the door opens and a fluff-ball comes crashing into me. I lose balance and fall on my butt and wince from the pain.

"Arrow, calm down, buddy." I laugh and say to the overly excited husky who is licking me. It's been two years since I saw him too.

"I missed you, Arrow," I hug the dog close and pet him. Blue got him for his 15th birthday. I was more excited than Blue because I love dogs. But my mom is allergic to them.

"I knew you would leave," I hear August's voice. I stop petting Arrow and look at him. He is wearing a white T-shirt and black sweatpants. His bed hair looks messy but cute.

I frown. What am I thinking? I shake my head and get up. Vivian comes up behind him.

What is she doing here? Oh, he introduced her as his girlfriend. Well, it's not like I care. She looks at me, and I menacingly smile at her. She looks down and leaves.

"I was watching from the window, and you sure took your time admiring the yard. And also contemplating whether to knock on the door or not," I watch Vivian leave and avert my eyes to Blue.

"I was sure you would leave, so I opened the door and let Arrow out to meet you,"

"If you were going to leave, you should have at least said hi to Arrow. He missed you,"

"Whatever. Let's start with the project." I inform, feeling embarrassed. He knows how I smell, and he creepily watches me when I am not looking. He needs medical attention.

"Go to my room. It's the third door from the left. I have all the materials ready. I will get us some snacks and meet you upstairs,"

I roll my eyes and go upstairs. I open the door and enter his room, Arrow following behind me. His room looks beautiful and neat. He still has that small toy car collection with new cars added to the collection. There's a nightstand near his bed with a beautiful lamp, a water bottle, and a diary with a multi-coloured pen.

A small smile graces my lips. August has not changed one bit. As a kid, Blue didn't open up to many people, so he had a habit of writing things in his diary. There is a bookstand on the other side of his bed with books, including the one I gifted him on his 13th birthday, 'All The Bright Places'. I open one of the books and find so many lines highlighted. Probably the one with deep meaning. He loves to read, just like me.

We spent a lot of time on my roof reading books and debating what the characters should have done or shouldn't have done.

The room is painted white with only one wall designed with black paint. There are letters in the middle and a beautiful park with a teddy bear sitting on the swing around. A boy and a girl near the swing are drawn, and they look so happy. This reminds me of the time when I first met him.

My eyes widen at the realization. Swing? Teddy? A boy and girl? It's us, the first time we met. I don't know what the letters, 'AYBL2' mean, though. The door opens, and Blue comes in with food and snacks.

"Blue, it's us, isn't it?"

____________________

Sorry for the late update. I was busy with offline exams and classes. Here is the next chapter. What do you think will happen next? Vote and leave a comment. Jesus loves you.

Love😍
Author