Why are you single?

"Ahh," I groan as I wake up. Ace really did a number on me yesterday. His secret move was the worst. Even though I knew it was coming, I could not dodge it in time. I have to train even hard to defeat both August and The Don.

"Honey, I am coming in," My mom announces as she enters my room, holding a delicious breakfast. She places the tray on my computer table and goes to open the blinds. I stretch my body, feeling satisfied when I hear a cracking noise.

"You have training in the afternoon, right?" Mom questions as she takes a seat on my bed. I instantly lay my head on her lap, and she softly strokes my hair.

"Yeah," I answer, my eyelids slowly closing against my will.

"Mom, if you keep stroking my hair like that, I will soon fall asleep," I mumble, yawning. My mom chuckles and pinches my cheeks.

"Oww, what was that for?" I question, rubbing my cheeks to soothe the pain.

"It is already ten. You were asleep for more than twelve hours," Mom comments, picking my dirty laundry from the floor. Oh, my mom thinks I fell asleep soon after. Little does she know, I was awake till two, reading my book. I did lay down in my bed, deciding to sleep. But, the book was calling out to me. So, I ended up finishing it.

"Brush and eat first. I got you some brownie from the bakery, so eat it later," Mom informs and leaves my room. I brush my teeth and eat the food. I check Instagram as I eat.

I finish all the school work and glance at the clock to see it's already two in the afternoon. I need to leave soon.

I change into my training clothes, tie my hair in a high ponytail and braid it afterwards. I pick up my training bag and pack some extra protein bars and water.

"Alex, here, I baked some extra brownies for your friends," My mom informs as I come downstairs.

"Thanks, mom," I receive a text from Ace, so I say goodbye to my mom and leave the house. Ace greets me as I get inside the car.

"Hi, how are you?" He inquires, and I give him a deadpan look.

"Hey, I am feeling great. It's not like I got badly beaten up yesterday," I answer cheerfully.

"Alright, I get it. I don't need your sarcasm," Ace chuckles.

"Today, you have to fight August," Ace reminds me.

"Yeah, do you think I can win?"

"Of course. You are way stronger than August," He smiles.

"Seriously, Ace? Stop mocking me," I roll my eyes.

"In terms of strength, he is strong, but in terms of strategizing and coming up with a good plan to defeat the opponent, you are strong," He explains.

But is that enough to beat him? He obviously trained with Asher after coming back. Just because I beat him once, I should not underestimate him. He is an undefeatable champion too.

"What are you thinking about?" Ace interrupts my thoughts.

"About how you never had any girlfriends before," I smirk. He raises his eyebrow.

"I have known you for six years, but you never showed any interest in girls. Wait, are you ga-?"

"NO," He shouts, making me jump in surprise.

"I am not against that or anything. It's just..." He trails off.

"I do like someone," He confesses.

"Who?" I question, getting excited.

"Oh look, we are here," He grins, pointing towards the gym.

"No. It was just getting good," I whine.

"Tough luck," He smirks.

"This is not over, mister," I poke his chest. He catches my fingers and twists them.

"Want me to break them?" He questions with a smirk.

"No," I shriek.

He bends my finger upward, making me yelp in pain. I tickle him with my free hand, and he lets go of my fingers, laughing. I run towards the gym and look back to see him chasing me. I laugh and suddenly bump into someone, and we both fall.

"Ow ow," August groans, Oops.

"Look where you are goi-" He stops when he sees it's just me.

"Oh, it's you," He mumbles and gets up. August offers me his hands, but before I can react, someone slips their fingers under my armpit and lifts me up. I squeal in surprise and find Ace glaring at August.

"She is fine and does not need your help," Ace tells August. August backs off, and before Ace says something else, I push him towards the gym, mumbling sorry to August.

"Don't pick a fight with him every time you see him,"

"I wish I could beat him up for what he did. Even seeing his face pisses me off," He says, anger evident in his voice.

"Yeah, yeah. It was two years ago. I am fine. Let's focus only on training,"

"I can fight against him if I join the comp-"

"NOPE," I blurt out, and he stops to look at me.

"I don't think I can win against you," I admit, feeling embarrassed.

"So you admit I am strong," He says, and I can imagine the smirk on his face.

"Yeah," I admit, still looking down.

"Look at me and say, 'Ace is the strongest, and I regret calling him weak," Ok, now he is just pushing his buttons. I look up to see him flexing his muscles. Taking this as an opportunity, I punch his stomach, and he doubles over. I leave him be and head inside.

"Hey, you are here. Wher-" Asher stops mid-sentence and sees Ace still hunched over before the door closes.

"Well, he had it coming," Asher chuckles. The door opens, and both Ace and August come in. August has a smug smile, obviously satisfied that I punched Ace.

"Hey, it is not fair to attack when the other person is distracted," Ace rasps, but I ignore him and discuss the training schedule with Asher.

Ace turns me around and makes me look at him, a sinister smile playing on his lips. This cannot be good. I gulp inaudibly.

"Be careful. I still have some special moves," Ace smirks, already planning his revenge.

Oh no.

               _________________________

Here is another chapter. Vote and leave a comment. Jesus loves you.

Love😍
Author