Final Letter

Hey Flower,

It's me again. I want to start this letter by saying how strong you are for overcoming all the trauma and not giving up. You are a warrior because not many people can go through what you went through and still smile. You still have the heart to forgive others and love them again, and you have no idea what a difficult thing that is to do. I felt like you needed to hear this because I could see the doubt and anxiety behind your eyes. It hurts me physically to know I cannot be with you just yet to comfort you. I want to meet you, my warrior. I want to show myself to you. One month from now is your birthday. Come to school at six in the evening. I am terrified you might not like me, but I can't stay hidden like this forever. I want to be strong enough to face this fear of mine. So, let's meet, love. I can't wait. This will be the last letter you receive from me. So, I want to make it extra special. Here is a small song or a poem. I don't know what to call it. I wrote this for you when I wanted to meet you so badly. Read and enjoy.

Here I am, my warrior,

My only love.

The times I spent without you was

Meaningless and worthless

It was dark,

I was lonely,

But then I heard the melody,

And you appeared before me.

I was elated to hear.

The beautiful melody.

It was a sign you were near.

The melody became my destiny.

I was mesmerised by your beauty.

It was something out of the ordinary.

It was something out of a fairytale.

It's a story about a queen.

A beautiful crown lies on your head

The crown gives meaning to the sword,

The sword lies sheathed in your scabbard

It lies in wait to protect me.

It was dark,

I was lonely

But then I heard the melody,

And you were there.

Yours truly,

Sepal.

I feel my heart race a thousand miles per hour. It's so loud that I can hear it beating. This is just beautiful. I hold the letter tight and walk towards the window.

It's raining, and the view outside is beautiful. I can hear the raindrops falling, and it instantly calms me. I am someone who finds peace in the rain, but Adora hates it. She hates the smell of rain and everything else about it. A complete opposite of my personality.

"He said he will reveal himself soon," I mumble out loud and let the words sink in.

"I am going to see him," I mumble again.

"I am going to see him," I say louder.

"I AM GOING TO FINALLY MEET HIM," I scream, jumping around my room.

I jump on top of my bed and start dancing. I jump and dance on my bed until something interrupts me. A shutter noise.

"This is pure gold," Carter says, holding a phone.

"Just how much of it did you record?" I question, standing still.

"Just enough to embarrass you for life," He says, laughing harder.

"Carter," I smile sweetly, "You have exactly three seconds to run," I say while getting off my bed.

"Or what?" He talks back.

'You do realise your attacks don't work on me, right," He questions, smirking.

"Mine won't, but his will," I say, pointing towards Ace, standing behind him.

Before Carter can turn back, Ace starts tickling him, making Carter shriek and fall to the ground laughing. I place the letter safely under my pillow and join Ace in tickling Carter.

Carter tries to escape, but it is in vain, as he is too busy laughing and has no strength.

"Ace, I think we should stop. He is not breathing," I say when Carter is laughing silently without making any noise.

Ace stops, and after a few seconds, Carter gasps for air and stops laughing.

Ace and I exchange looks.

"Are you okay?" Ace questions Carter.

"You are evil," Carter says, sitting up. He has tears streaming down his face, and his whole face is red from laughing too hard or lack of air. I can't tell.

"You would have killed me if you kept tickling me, and I would have haunted you for the rest of your life,"

"Sorry," Ace and I say, giggling.

"What got you that excited anyway?" Carter questions.

"Before I answer that, what are you two doing here?" I question, crossing my arms. Carter and Ace look at each other and talk with their eyes.

"I regret giving you spare keys," I sigh and stand up when I realise they won't tell me.

"Want to have a movie night?" Ace asks and goes downstairs, probably to bring snacks.

"Carter," I stop Carter before he sits on my bed by pulling in his sleeve.

"What?"

I remain silent, and he turns back to look at me.

"You have a very creepy smile on your face right now. I'm scared,"

"I will meet him soon," I smile.

'Who," He questions, and I wait for his slow brain to process.

"You were jumping around in your room, completely unaware of your surrounding, and you also have that creepy smile on your face," I can see the cogs turning in his head, and his eyes widen.

"Your lover boy is revealing himself?" He asks and slaps a hand over his mouth.

"Yes," I squeal and jump, and Carter jumps with me.

"I am so excited to see who it is," Carter shrieks.

"I KNOW," I say, laughing. We both stop jumping when we hear the camera go off.

"I have weird friends," Ace says, casually keeping his phone in his pocket and munching on some popcorn.

"Ready?" I ask Carter when I see the mischief behind his eyes, knowing we are both thinking the same thing.

"Go," I scream, and we both start tickling Ace, who throws the popcorn in surprise and starts laughing.

Do you need a reason to fall in love?

                   _____________________

Hey guys. Here is another chapter. I have never written a poem or whatever that is before, so forgive me if it is bad. Vote and leave a comment. Jesus loves you.

Love 😍
Author