Not A Good Morning

I switch off my alarm and slowly sit up. I groan as I massage my temples. I did not get a good sleep last night as I was thinking about yesterday's events. What happened? Ace hated August for two years, and that changed within an hour?

I begrudgingly get up and drag my feet to the bathroom. I take a long hot shower, the water soothing my aching body. I wear a black hoodie and white jeans and tie my hair in a messy ponytail. Thankfully, I don't have any bruises I need to cover up. There is a faint bruise on my temple, but it's not that big of a deal.

I grab my backpack and head downstairs. I see my parents having breakfast and talking about something.

"Good morning, honey," My mom greets.

"No, mom, it was not a good morning," I groan.

"You look terrible,"

"Thanks, mom. Just what every daughter wants to hear," I roll my eyes, and she chuckles.

"Didn't get much sleep last night?" Dad questions.

"Yeah, I was up all-night overthinking,"

"Here, I made your favourite breakfast," My mom hands me a cheese sandwich and a glass of her famous choco shake. My mood just went up seeing the food. I happily eat my breakfast.

"Bye, mom, dad. See you later," I smile and leave my house. I dread seeing Ace. We have fought before, but it was just stupid ones. Who gets the remote, and who eats the last piece of toast. Even if it was a more serious one, he always bought me food as a peace offering the same day. But he didn't come yesterday, and I was waiting.

I soon reach school, and I only spot Adora at our usual meeting place. She approaches me once she sees me.

"Wow, you look terrible," I have a wonderful mother and a best friend. I am so blessed.

"Thanks," She chuckles, but her face turns serious again.

"Alex, something happened with you and my brother yesterday?"

"Yeah," I mumble.

"After he came home yesterday, he stayed in his room. He even skipped dinner. Can you believe that?" I gasp. Ace skipped dinner? He never skips dinner.

"What happened?" I start walking, ignoring her question.

"I don't want to talk about it," I sigh.

"Is it serious?" Ado questions.

"I don't know," I answer honestly. I hope it's nothing serious.

We both reach our locker. I open it and dump the unnecessary books inside. Something catches my eye, and I pick it up.

My favourite chocolate. Twix, along with a note attached to it. I open it, and I can identify the stupid handwriting anywhere. Ace.

'Hey. How you doing? ' I laugh at the friends reference.

'I am so sorry. It was very stupid of me to yell at you. I know what I did was wrong. I know how much he hurt you, and I know I shouldn't have done what I did,'

''We don't have any classes together today. I will be waiting at our usual table with all your favourite food. If you forgive me, sit with me, and eat the food, if not... I don't want to imagine you not forgiving me. So, I hope to see you later. I am sorry again, Alex. You know I love you,' I chuckle, reading the letter. He is so cute. Who can stay mad at an idiot like this?

"Phew, I thought your fight would never end. Do you know how awkward it will be? I should choose between my best friend and brother. Ahh, how horrifying. I don't even want to think about it," Ado panics.

"How selfish can you be?" I hit her, and she chuckles.

"But I am glad," She smiles.

The morning goes by fast, and soon it's lunch. I walk to the cafeteria with a smile on my face. I enter and see Ace and Ado sitting at our usual table with a lot of food.

I make my face emotionless and walk toward the twins. I take a seat, and Ace notices me.

"Hey, you came," I didn't answer. Ace stares at me for a minute, searching my face for any answers.

"You are still mad, huh?"

He pouts. He is cute. I silently pick up a cheese sandwich and take a huge bite. His face lights up, and he grins.

"I forgive you," I smile.

"Thank God. I thought you would hate me forever," He gets up and pulls me into a tight hug. I hug him back just as tight. Whatever it may be, Ace is still my best friend. He was there for me at my worst times. I am sure there is a reason why he forgave August, or his anger disappeared after he punched and beat up August. Boys are weird.

"Ado, I have something I want to ask you," I say as I narrow my eyes at Ace.

"Why does Ace not have a girlfriend? Is he attracted to b-"

"Do not finish that. I will kill you," Both Ado and Ace interrupt me. They look at each other, confused.

"You guys don't have to prove to me that you are twins," I chuckle.

"I understand why Ace is against that idea, but why are you against it?" I ask Ado, confused.

"It is weird to say this, but even though he is my brother, you can't deny that he is good-looking. If he brings a cute boy home every week, I would be devastated," Ado fusses, and I laugh at Ace's expression.

"What do you think I am? I am not a player," Ace says, disappointed with his sister. Ado says something, and they start to bicker. Ah, you got to love the twins. They are very entertaining. From the corner of my eye, I spot August looking at us with a slight smile on his face.

I need to decide what to do about the situation with August. We played the prank on each other, and now we will be seeing each other a lot because of training.

Should I forget and try to befriend him again? I do miss our old group, the fights, the movie nights, the sleepovers. Someone approaches our table, interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey Alex, it is my birthday this Thursday. I have a party on Friday night, and it would be great if you and your friends could come," Atla announces.

"Great, we will be there," I reply with a smile.

"Great, see you at my house on Friday. I will text you the address," I nod with a smile.

"So, what to wear. I don't have any clothes," Adora whines. Ace and I exchange a look. It is going to be a long week.

             _________________________

Phew, that made up. Something huge is going to happen in the coming chapters. Stay tuned. Vote and leave a comment. Jesus loves you.

Love😍
Author