Your Majesty

Ace is standing there in all his glory, holding a letter. He grins once he spots me and waves me to come over. I rub my clammy hands on my dress and slowly walk towards him with shaky breaths.

"You're here,"

"I'm here," I whisper.

"Here, turn around," Ace says, and I comply, and he ties a necklace around my neck. It's a beautiful heart locket pendant necklace. I try to open the locket, but Ace stops me.

"Don't, not the correct time yet,"

"Correct time?" I ask, confused.

Ace hands me a letter, and I open it to read. The moment I open it, fresh rose petals fall, making me smile.

'Hey, Flower. Guess what? Just like you, I am also a prankster. The two boys who you thought were me are not me. Ha, got you. Head to the gym next. I am here, waiting for you. Please hurry, my love, because my legs hurt from standing too much, and I will die of nervousness soon. See you soon,"

Strangely, I am not disappointed that it is not Ace. He is my best friend, but he is like a brother more than a lover. I close the letter and look at a grinning Ace.

"Disappointed it's not me?" He smirks, and I scrunch my nose in disgust.

"Please, I am glad it's not you," I say, looking at his attire.

"Why are you in a suit, though?" I question, and he smiles.

"I am confessing to the love of my life today," He squeals.

"I am so confused," 

"Cameron,"

"What about her?" I ask, and he waits for me to finish my thought process. I gasp and hit him excitedly.

"Ah, ah, stop hitting," He says, catching my hand.

"I am so happy for you, Ace," I say with a genuine smile.

"Hurt her, and you die," I threaten him.

"Yes, mam. Now, go. He is waiting,"

I excitedly run to the gym. My brain thinks of all the scenarios I might meet with, but I shut down the voice there and listen to my heart because that feels like the right thing to do. He feels right. I stop in front of the door and take a deep breath.

This is it. No more surprises. No more imagining who he is and no more jumping around in bed from the thought of meeting him soon. I can do this. Behind this door might be someone who I will spend my life with. I try to move my hands to open the door, but they are stuck to my side.

It's okay, Alex. It's okay. I hit my head on the side wall to calm myself. My breathing gets faster as I lift my hands to open the door. This is it. I close my eyes and hurriedly open it before my brain suggests I run away.

I slowly open my eyes and find a path lit with candles and roses. The gym is pitch dark, with only the flame from the candle leading the way. I slowly make my way inside as far as the path leads me. I halt when I reach the last candle, and a voice speaks up, making me shriek.

"Hey, flower," The next moment, the light turns on, and I make eye contact with the most unexpected person, and my heart starts beating a thousand beats per minute.

It's strange. It did not beat this fast for either Ace or Blue. I take deep breaths to calm my heart, hoping it won't pop out.

"Are you surprised?"

"Very," I say once I find my voice.

"Seeing you nervous like this makes me very happy," He laughs, making my heart stop for a second. My heart does not belong to me right now. It is currently in his hands to tear it and throw it away.

"Do you want me to punch you?" I question.

"There is the Alex I know," He says, smiling.

"Are you disappointed it's me?"

His question makes me think. Am I? Heck no. I am very excited and happy, and my heart won't calm down. I turn into a puddle when those dark blue eyes filled with anxiety and his freckled cheeks meet mine.

"Your lack of answer is making me want to die, Flower,"

"No," I answer with a little shake of my head.

"My heart won't stop beating fast. I want to touch those freckles on your cheek, which I suddenly find very beautiful. I want to run around and scream because that is how excited and happy, I am," I answer truthfully, feeling all the heat run to my cheeks and ears.

"Don't act so cute, please. I am barely controlling myself," He pleads, making me blush even more. 

"Can I give you a hug," He asks, making me nod slowly.

He slowly walks towards me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer, making me avoid eye contact. He gently lifts my chin with his finger, forcing me to look at him. He places a kiss on my forehead and lays his head on top of my head.

I can feel his heartbeat against mine, and I can feel it beating even faster than mine. I slowly wrap my arms around him and lay my head on his chest.

We lay in silence for a while, happy and content. I was nervous for no reason. He is someone I can trust my heart with because I know for sure that his heart would break at the thought of breaking mine. I thought it would take some time for me to fall in love with him once I know who he is, but no, I think I may have been in love with him for a long time.

"Ugh, you guys make me want to go kill myself," Blue says, making us break the hug to look at him.

Blue, Cameron and Ace walk in with bright smiles. My jaw hangs open when I see Cam and Ace holding hands.

"You liked him too?" I ask, surprised.

"For more than two years now," She answers truthfully.

"Ace? You?" I question.

"Two years?" He answers shyly.

"You didn't do anything about it?" I ask, stunned.

"Hey, he was in love with you for five years," I can't deny that.

"I am leaving. There is nothing more horrifying than being the fifth wheel," Blue says, walking away. Ace and Cam follow him, and Ace puts Blue into a headlock, making Blue kick Ace in the shin. I laugh at the scene and turn to look at him. He smiles fondly at me and offers me his hand. I happily take it and place a kiss on it.

"Shall we go, my queen, Alexis"

"Lead the way, Your Majesty," I grin at Carter as he pulls me closer to him and we walk out of the gymnasium, hand in hand.  

                 _______________________

So, what did you think of the twist? Did any of you see it coming? Do you like this new couple? I personally love it. They are just right for each other. Vote and leave a comment. Jesus loves you.

Love 😍
Author