Settling in with a Flagon

Good evening, my friend, and welcome back. Glad you could make it. I see you brought friends this time. Wonderful! I enjoy meeting new friends. And none of you worry that you missed last night's tale; I shall quickly recap it for you before we begin tonight.

Now, while I tune my harp, here, let's see. Last night, we heard the beginning of Vania Nahalora's career as an enforcer. She and her work partner, Bergin Nahlstrom, took down the devious Lord Du l'Tagne after unfortunately wrongfully arresting Derry Korallov. During the investigation, it came to light that Bergin is the enforcer that killed Vania's parents all those years ago. Riddled by guilt, Bergin said he could no longer work with her.

Now, we pick up the story as Vania returns to work after the incident at Central Station. Who will be her new work partner? Will she ever be elevated from a recruit to a full enforcer? And what cases will they solve during tonight's tale?

I see you've all found seats and drinks; good. Get comfortable and pay attention. This tale is longer and more complicated than the last. Let us begin.

***Note:

If you are reading this story on any site other than Wattpad, it has been taken without permission.

Please find your way to the Wattpad site; the site you're using could contain viruses and/or malware.

While you're at Wattpad, please drop a line to author CEBronk, letting me know where you found this story.

Copyright ©2022 Christine Bronk. All rights reserved.

This story, or any portion thereof, may not be reproduced or used in any manner without the express written permission of the author.

All characters, incidents, and locations are products of the author's imagination; any resemblance to actual events, persons (living or dead), or places are completely coincidental.***