Finally Mine

Jade woke up with a pounding headache. She felt like she had been hit by a fucking Mack truck. She tried sitting up, but something heavy was draped across her waist. She turned to look over her shoulder and saw Bucky still asleep. He looked so peaceful when he slept. Chestnut locks draped over his face and he looked completely relaxed for the first time since she met him. A smile ghosted her lips, but vanished almost instantly. Memories from the night before flooded her mind and she groaned.

What the fuck had she done? That was a prime example of why she didn't get drunk. She looked like a complete idiot. To top it all off, Bucky had rejected her just like she feared he would. She slowly slipped out of the bed and walked into the living room, closing his bedroom door quietly behind her.

She grabbed her bag and quickly threw on jeans and a t-shirt. While she was slipping on her shoes, she heard Bucky clear his throat behind her.

"You promised that you wouldn't run again." Bucky said with anger in his voice. Jade dared to take a look at him to find him standing in the doorway of his room with his arms crossed.

"Yeah, well that was before I made a complete ass of myself last night." She shoved everything she brought with her in the bag and turned around to leave the apartment.

"I'm not letting you leave again." Bucky stepped in front of her.

"That's called kidnapping, James."

"Stop calling me James." He growled out.

"Why?"

"Because you only do that when you're mad at me."

"I am mad at you!" She yelled.

Jade had never yelled at him before and it took him by surprise. She wasn't the type to take her anger out on others, even if they deserved it. Things were worse than he thought.

"Like it or not, we are going to talk." Bucky said slowly and crossed his arms back over his chest.

"So you can reject me again, no thanks." Jade's eyes burned white hot holes through him.

"What makes you think I'd reject you?"

"You did last night."

"You were drunk, Jade. I couldn't have sex with you when you were like that."

"Why not? People do it all the time!" She raked her hands through her hair in frustration.

Bucky was losing his patience.

"You aren't just some random person, Jade. I'm fucking in love with you!"

Jade froze.

"Did you just say—"

"I'm in love with you. I realized how head over heels in love with you I was while I was in Wakanda, but I'm pretty sure I fell in love with you the day I met you." He cut her off.

"Damn it, Jade. You were all I thought about while I was gone. I missed you so goddamn much. All I wanted was to get those damn words out of my head so I could come home to you!"

"Bucky, I—" She didn't know what to say. She always thought her feelings were one sided, but now that she knew the truth, she was speechless.

"It's okay if you don't feel the same. I just thought you should know." Bucky stared at her as if she were about to disappear in front of his eyes. As if this was the last time he would ever see her.

She had been his everything for the past three years. His best friend, his confidant, the shoulder he leaned on when he felt like his world was crashing down. She was his one constant. This could ruin his relationship with her, but he couldn't keep his feelings a secret any more.